Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Where to live with budget of maxi S$7,000

Where to live with budget of maxi S$7,000

Old Jan 7th 2013, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

hello222 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to live with budget of maxi S$7,000

Hi

My husband and I will be moving to Singapore for an assignment of 3 years in March. I am a housewife and my husband will work in the City.

We have a budget of maxi S$7,000 and would like to live near the City, 3 bedroom flat/house, quiet, near the Tube or bus stop (as I do not drive) and restaurants. I heard of the East Coast and I do not know how difficult it is for me to do food shopping or going out.

What is the temperature like in the evening? We do not like heat and high humidity, is it still probably for us to have a stroll in the evening? Is it possible to keep an English cocker spaniel in a flat?

Many thanks
Old Jan 7th 2013, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to live with budget of maxi S$7,000

Tanjung Rhu might suit
Plenty of condos there some within some without your budget.
You'll be lucky to find a 3 bed house within the 7k. You might be lucky. Try the Mayflower Estate.
Further from the central area the cheaper generally.

Google the estate agents and see what's available and the prices.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 11:52 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Err Singapore is hot and humid all year. You do get used to it. Temperatures in the evening are lower than daytime....I'm guessing 28 degrees maybe. Hope you enjoy.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

Flostan is on a distinguished road

Try propertyguru.com and you can type in your housing requirements and the area. Good luck.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for all your suggestions. Much appreciated.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 11:55 am
Just Joined

SingaporeGuide is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, it's definitely possible to keep an English cocker spaniel in a flat. East coast is out of the city, so need to travel around 20mins by car to the city. There's no MRT station at east coast, you would need to transfer by bus to get to a nearby MRT station.

Originally Posted by hello222
Hi

My husband and I will be moving to Singapore for an assignment of 3 years in March. I am a housewife and my husband will work in the City.

We have a budget of maxi S$7,000 and would like to live near the City, 3 bedroom flat/house, quiet, near the Tube or bus stop (as I do not drive) and restaurants. I heard of the East Coast and I do not know how difficult it is for me to do food shopping or going out.

What is the temperature like in the evening? We do not like heat and high humidity, is it still probably for us to have a stroll in the evening? Is it possible to keep an English cocker spaniel in a flat?

Many thanks
Old Jan 16th 2013, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your information.
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 9:23 am
Just Joined

british.bloke is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep it's possible to keep a Cocker Spaniel in a condo. Check the AVA singapore website out for more details.

As the others say there's two seasons in Singapore: hot, humid & rainy and hot, humid & lots more rain! The thing is you do get used to it. I've been here for over 7 years and find myself thinking it's quite chilling when it drops to 25C and there's a bit of a breeze! Barking mad really!

Cheers B.B
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for your information, I hope I can get used to it earlier than I expect.