Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

UK PARAMEDIC WANTING TO WORK IN FAR EAST SINGAPORE

UK PARAMEDIC WANTING TO WORK IN FAR EAST SINGAPORE

Old Mar 5th 2008, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

JOHN2458 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK PARAMEDIC WANTING TO WORK IN FAR EAST SINGAPORE

Hi,

This is my first time to post, I am really keen to try and relocate to Singapore. I have tried to contact civil defence and private Amblance services and not had much response.
I am a UK Paramedic and also have training experience. previously to the Ambulance Service I served in the military.
Just wondering if any expats have any advise, I would also consider other far eastern locations. Thank you in advance
Old Mar 6th 2008, 12:02 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK PARAMEDIC WANTING TO WORK IN FAR EAST SINGAPORE

Hi John, I honestly don't think you'll have any luck with this career in Singapore. You would need an Employment Pass to be able to live and work here, and the employer would need to prove he has to bring you here because no locals are available to do this job. I can't see it happening, sorry. They can employ locals or Asian expats much cheaper than you.

However you might want to ask the question on www.expatsingapore.com and www.singaporeexpats.com as this forum is not a very busy part of British Expats.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 12:58 am
Just Joined

Jollytinker is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JOHN2458
Hi,

This is my first time to post, I am really keen to try and relocate to Singapore. I have tried to contact civil defence and private Amblance services and not had much response.
I am a UK Paramedic and also have training experience. previously to the Ambulance Service I served in the military.
Just wondering if any expats have any advise, I would also consider other far eastern locations. Thank you in advance
Agree that you'll find it hard and would probably have to take local exams. Worth also posing the question on www.angloinfo.com.sg
Good luck
Old Mar 9th 2008, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

JOHN2458 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your advise will check the other site, I may be able to swing it by trying the teaching side, as I believe there have been previous contracts. Thanks Again D