British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Singapore (https://britishexpats.com/forum/singapore-131/)
-   -   Single Female Moving to Singapore (https://britishexpats.com/forum/singapore-131/single-female-moving-singapore-848346/)

Sare81 Dec 6th 2014 10:06 pm

Single Female Moving to Singapore

Hi Expats,

I'm moving to Singapore, hopefully early February 2015. Although I think I can afford a condo on my own, I've always lived with flat mates in London and I am looking to do the same in Singapore.

Can anyone recommend how I can find a way to do this. All the flatshare sites I've seen mention common rooms which I do not want.

I'm 33. I'm looking to live central in a high rise with full amenities, swimming pool etc. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Sare81

bakedbean Dec 7th 2014 6:12 am

Re: Single Female Moving to Singapore

Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

You might want to have a search through the Singapore section, as I recall there were others asking about sharing before. You'll see the Search function up on the blue bar above.

Sare81 Dec 8th 2014 8:01 am

Hi Bakedbean,

Thank you for your email. I've read through a lot of the messages. Unfortunately many are from the beginning of the year and don't really give any guidance as to where I might meet someone who would like to flat share. The more recent messages look like they have already settled.

I'm hoping there may be a like minded person on here if there isn't anywhere else to look.

Sare

MonsterP Jan 20th 2015 7:58 am

Congratulations on getting a contract in Singapore, you're one of the lucky few these days as expats become a dying breed.

I can't suggest how you'd find someone to share with, as I would hate doing so, but a 1 bed in the city I believe will cost you SGD3000+ per month.

Good luck, enjoy it, and take advantage while you still can!

Tracywhj Jan 29th 2015 8:59 pm

Hey Sare,

I'm also a single female from the UK, planning to move to Singapore early this year (around Easter). Have you found any flat share site and decided where you wanna leave?

I'm look for someone who would like to share a new 2 BR condo near Holland Park(D10), which would cost approx £2000-2500.

Best,
Tracy

scottjames Jun 1st 2015 3:30 pm

Hi - did you both manage to find somewhere? I'm relocating from Manchester in 2 weeks time, luckily being put up for the first few weeks but would like to condo share after that. Any advice where you found your shares would be appreciated.

Thanks

Scott

mb25 Jun 12th 2015 9:57 am

Hi Scott,

We're moving out early August and have been looking on Property Guru to start with. I'm not sure how useful that will be for Condo shares though, as they seem to be whole properties. Maybe Gumtree would be worth a look?