Singapore Visa's

Old Mar 27th 2008, 11:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Singapore Visa's

Thinking of trying to find work in Singapore.
I'm sure I'll have no problems with Immigration as I have 10 years experience and Postgrad qualifications in my industry (Shipping) and am a UK national.

Problem is that my Girlfriend is Kazakh and I wonder if she would be able to get a visa, Anybody have any ideas on this?
Old Mar 28th 2008, 10:45 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Singapore Visa's

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
I'm sure I'll have no problems with Immigration as I have 10 years experience and Postgrad qualifications in my industry (Shipping) and am a UK national.

Problem is that my Girlfriend is Kazakh and I wonder if she would be able to get a visa, Anybody have any ideas on this?
My idea is that you consider staying in Dubai, my friend...otherwise you will be sorely missed.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 3:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
My idea is that you consider staying in Dubai, my friend...otherwise you will be sorely missed.
Unfortunately, in my line of work Dubai doesnt hold many career possibilities. But won't be heading anywhere yet.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 4:28 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Singapore Visa's

Where does your girlfriend live now and what is her occupation?

Singapore does issue long-term visitors visas for de-facto (live-in) couples.....but you need to provide a letter from your respective embassies to state that they recognise this kind of relationship. Normally you would need to provide proof eg. shared bank accounts, rent/mortgage, bills in both names etc. etc. to show that you're living as a married couple even if not married.

If not living together, then she will have to qualify for a visa in her own right.

Or you could marry her!
Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Where does your girlfriend live now and what is her occupation?

Singapore does issue long-term visitors visas for de-facto (live-in) couples.....but you need to provide a letter from your respective embassies to state that they recognise this kind of relationship. Normally you would need to provide proof eg. shared bank accounts, rent/mortgage, bills in both names etc. etc. to show that you're living as a married couple even if not married.

If not living together, then she will have to qualify for a visa in her own right.

Or you could marry her!
thanks for your reply

we've only been together a few months. so I doubt that would work as we don't even live together yet.
she works in hotel reservations so probably unlikely to be able to get a work visa in her own right.

its early days yet as havnt started to apply for jobs but Singapore is one of the main centres for my profession and I certainly don't fancy heading home.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 4:18 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for your reply

we've only been together a few months. so I doubt that would work as we don't even live together yet.
she works in hotel reservations so probably unlikely to be able to get a work visa in her own right.

its early days yet as havnt started to apply for jobs but Singapore is one of the main centres for my profession and I certainly don't fancy heading home.
well.... I would suggest she looks for work independently. But as a hotel receptionist, if she can speak English and a few other languages (that are more than chinese/malay) then she may well stand a good chance at getting a job, even if it isnt the greatest pay.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 6:36 am
Just Joined

peterfrancis is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lionheart, as you mentioned you will most likely not have any problems getting e.g. the EPEC visa as a UK national with the right qualifications. Your girlfriend might be eligible for the Social Visit Pass visa upon entering Singapore as a tourist. Once you have found a job there, you can apply for a dependents pass for her which will allow her to stay. You can check mom.gov.sg or http://www.singapore-visa.net, Visa Singapore, option EPEC. Hope this helps.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 12:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by peterfrancis
Hi Lionheart, as you mentioned you will most likely not have any problems getting e.g. the EPEC visa as a UK national with the right qualifications. Your girlfriend might be eligible for the Social Visit Pass visa upon entering Singapore as a tourist. Once you have found a job there, you can apply for a dependents pass for her which will allow her to stay. You can check mom.gov.sg or http://www.singapore-visa.net, Visa Singapore, option EPEC. Hope this helps.
It wasnt LH who was looking at coming to Singapore. It was me and I already had a job offer when i made my initial post. I'm already now in Singapore after being given a P1 pass. My girlfriend when I made the post is now my wife and is on a DP. She will start a job for a local comapany next month.