Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Singapore - Room to rent needed.....

Singapore - Room to rent needed.....

Old May 31st 2007, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

Veezee is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Singapore - Room to rent needed.....

Hi, I'm a 28 year old female, English professional moving to Singapore on the 27th June. I am looking to share a condo or house with other expats. My budget is S$1000 max excluding utilities. I would ideally like to live around the green MRT line, but I'm flexible about other areas; as long as it is near an MRT connection. I'm friendly, enjoy meeting new people, like to laugh, easy going, tidy and reliable. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks very much.

Last edited by Veezee; May 31st 2007 at 12:23 pm.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 12:16 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Singapore - Room to rent needed.....

Originally Posted by Veezee
Hi, I'm a 28 year old female, English professional moving to Singapore on the 27th June. I am looking to share a condo or house with other expats. My budget is S$1000 max excluding utilities. I would ideally like to live around the green MRT line, but I'm flexible about other areas; as long as it is near an MRT connection. I'm friendly, enjoy meeting new people, like to laugh, easy going, tidy and reliable. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks very much.
Try these:

http://www.expatsingapore.com

http://www.singapore-forum.com/

Noticeboards (you may need to post your own message) at:

The Colbar, Portsdown Road (many Brits of all ages go there to eat British food inc. single young professionals - great curry there by the way - and drink - closed Mondays). It used to be the squaddies mess for the British Army in colonial times....we went there all the time and it's across the road from the British Tanglin Trust School and nearby is United World College with mainly British teachers, all of whom also go to the Colbar.

Cold Storage supermarket (Jelita is best, Holland Road 1 mile after Holland Village), Cold Storage Holland Village, basement of Takashimaya, Cold Storage Thomson.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 3:04 am
Just Joined

ngbunnies is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Singapore - Room to rent needed.....

Hi, I have a public flat room for rent at the western part of Singapore (Boon Lay), 3 bus stops away
from the East West MRT line (Don't know if you are talking about this Green line). Available for short or long term. You can rent for few days or weeks to stay so that you can find a permanent accomodation here. Please note that the current Singapore Property market is very hot, google and you will see what I mean. Rental has increased alot. Can fit your budget but we are not expats. Just Singaporean couple in the IT industry expecting our first baby.

Last edited by ngbunnies; Jun 4th 2007 at 3:07 am.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 11:51 am
Just Joined

Namrata is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I've read your ad on internet I have a room to rent in a condominium.It's a newly built condominium ,Just above sengkang mrt(train station), bus interchange, shopping mall, food mall, super market and medical clinic.U even dont need to cross the road.It's like 4 star hotel. It's a fully furnished apartment, fully aircon, full facilities like swimming pool, tennis courts, bbq pits, security, gym, steam, jacuzzi etc..30 mins by house to the city centre by train , 23 mins to dhoby ghaut mrt, 30 mins to orchard and 30 mins to raffles place mrt.

If you are interested I can send you pictures of the apartment and you can call me at 91906029 or reply back here.

Regards,
Jatin
Old Jun 9th 2007, 4:21 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Veezee, roughly where will you be working? Singapore is a small place and public transport is good but, as a young singleton I would recommend you to try to live not too far from the nightlife!

The forums Englishmum has posted are two of the better-known ones (I know, I run one of them ) but honestly not great for flat-share opportunities. You can get a lot of help on them in other areas of Singapore life, and also opportunities to meet people. You are very welcome to post on the second one asking if anybody knows of anywhere.

Another good site is www.singaporeexpats.com - a lot of young people of all nationalities go on it, and they seem to organise a lot of events. I think there is also a classifieds section for flatshares. (I'm not involved in that one although I do know some of the posters and moderators.)

Will your employer be putting you up in a hotel when you first arrive? One of the best sources of flatshares is the paper, the Straits Times, but of course you really need to be here to take advantage of it.
Old Jun 9th 2008, 4:37 am
Just Joined

adele hammond is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Veezee,

I'm a 31 year old British female moving to Singapore in July. Will be looking for a flatmate when i arrive too and have roughly the same budget. would love to live in the Holland village area but also am quite flexible (although i would like a place with a pool ) You seem just the kind of flatmate i'm looking for.
Contact me if you are still looking. Thanks x
Old Jun 9th 2008, 6:50 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Singapore - Room to rent needed.....

Originally Posted by adele hammond
Hi Veezee,

I'm a 31 year old British female moving to Singapore in July. Will be looking for a flatmate when i arrive too and have roughly the same budget. would love to live in the Holland village area but also am quite flexible (although i would like a place with a pool ) You seem just the kind of flatmate i'm looking for.
Contact me if you are still looking. Thanks x

Ahem. Veezee's post is more than one year old!
Old Jun 10th 2008, 4:33 am
Just Joined

adele hammond is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Ahem. Veezee's post is more than one year old!
whoops! didnt see that! thanks for letting me know x
Old Jun 12th 2008, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

KeenG is an unknown quantity at this point

i've apt for rent coming Jul'08. its a 2 + 1 study, kitchen, living, store, yard area. Location at Guillemard road, 20min bus ride to Cityhall, Suntec. But no MRT line, nearest is 15min walk to Aljunied station.
Will you be interested?