singapore anyone?!

Old Nov 26th 2007, 4:00 am
Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: singapore anyone?!

Originally Posted by Seasider
You can chew gum, just not sell it - unless you run a pharmacy.
And oral sex is now legal.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 6:48 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

It was legal before, based on erm certain conditions.

Unfortunately sex between consenting males is still not, and recently a "pink" walk was stopped on the grounds that more than 4 people congregating is considered a demonstration.

And there is no such thing as rape within marriage.

We still have a way to go...
Old Nov 27th 2007, 1:03 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Wow cars have suddenly got cheap - what happened? We got there in 95 and bought a Honda Civic for $110k - left in 2002 and sold the same car with about 60000 miles on it for just short of $40k.

And as we were leaving there was all sorts of talk about increasing rights of freedom of speech - even starting a speakers corner (a la Hyde Park), but I guess none of that got very far if they're still falling back on the "4's a riot" excuse....

As for oral sex, well, lets just say the speed limit on the ECP was 70, but from what I recall it didn't stop people going 80 or 90....
Old Nov 27th 2007, 1:40 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

The price of a COE has gone right down, Yorkie. Now the Taxi Uncles are complaining there are too many cars on the road.

There is a Speaker's Corner but...ah well, I'll keep quiet, I like living here.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 2:02 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

The price of a COE has gone right down, Yorkie. Now the Taxi Uncles are complaining there are too many cars on the road.

There is a Speaker's Corner but...ah well, I'll keep quiet, I like living here.
Glanced over your shoulder before you typed eh?

Thing is, there were too many cars on the road anyway, even with COE's up in the 40, 50, 60ks......and the $1 CBD entry was hardly a deterrent.....
Old Nov 27th 2007, 2:08 am
Auntie Fa

I run a Singapore-based message board; I'm quite certain that BB is watching.

They've put up more ERP gantries - if you get your route wrong you now pay to get onto and out of Orchard Road! - and charge more, for longer periods, I believe. I don't have a car - I think it's cheaper to take taxis everywhere.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 2:13 am

Ouch!

Even though I had a car, I still used to use the taxis quite a bit - the good ones were really good, the bad ones were abysmal, but 2 things could always be pretty much guaranteed - it would be an experience, and it would be a cheap one! Oh yeah, and the last thing going through your head as you went to sleep was "bing bong".....
Old Nov 27th 2007, 2:23 am
Auntie Fa

At least they've stopped the bing bongs.

Apologies to everyone else for the Singapore in-jokes, but Yorkie might appreciate this - it happened yesterday as I was coming home from my gym at a posh hotel:

Hotel doorman to taxi driver: Geylang ah, Lorong xx
Taxi driver to doorman: Ohhh, ayam lah!
(Doorman chuckles nervously and closes door, taxi takes off)
Seasider to taxi driver: Actually no, not ayam, lah. No ayam on Lorong xx.
Taxi driver crunches gears and then starts lengthy conversation about how my language skills are (too) good.

Old Nov 27th 2007, 2:43 am

Apologies to everyone else for the Singapore in-jokes, but Yorkie might appreciate this - it happened yesterday as I was coming home from my gym at a posh hotel:

Hotel doorman to taxi driver: Geylang ah, Lorong xx
Taxi driver to doorman: Ohhh, ayam lah!
(Doorman chuckles nervously and closes door, taxi takes off)
Seasider to taxi driver: Actually no, not ayam, lah. No ayam on Lorong xx.
Taxi driver crunches gears and then starts lengthy conversation about how my language skills are (too) good.

Lol - my wife is chinese, and we used to go down to geylang to eat quite a bit. Got the occasional peculiar look getting into cabs with her and asking for Geylang...guess it looked a bit "coals to newcastle".....:curse:
Old Nov 27th 2007, 2:48 am

they have? thats a shame....I used to love that feeling sitting in the back of a taxi on the way into the city from Changi, going under those gorgeous trees on the ECP, having just returned from some back end of beyond business trip listening to the bing bongs and thinking "ah...home again - back to civilisation" . A very evocative sound. Although having to listen to them all day probably explains the permanently pissed off attitude of (some) of the cabbies.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 2:50 am
Auntie Fa

Ye-es, lots of stereotyping goes on here. Locals, especially taxi drivers, can be the worst, and what really pisses me off - had this convo yesterday after he was sufficiently recovered - the China Girls (supply) always get the blame, not the Singapore men (demand).

My biggest gripe is constantly being asked if I'm from Australia. (I'm a Yorkie too.)
Old Nov 27th 2007, 2:54 am
Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute

It was legal before, based on erm certain conditions.
That you were on any one of four floors?
Old Nov 27th 2007, 3:01 am
Auntie Fa

Only if it resulted in penetration (am I allowed to say that here? )

Four Floors has gone en bloc, Desert Dweller. The Russian girls and Thai ladyboys will have to find a new home. I was all ready to throw a 'Welcome to the Neighbourhood" party for them but I've been told they're heading for Duxton.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 4:24 am

Four Floors has gone en bloc,
WHAT???
You mean I'll never get to experience it ?

which part of duxton? not the hotel, surely
maybe freddies bar.....? man, it must have realy changed round there.....
Old Nov 27th 2007, 4:28 am

Ye-es, lots of stereotyping goes on here. Locals, especially taxi drivers, can be the worst, and what really pisses me off - had this convo yesterday after he was sufficiently recovered - the China Girls (supply) always get the blame, not the Singapore men (demand).

My biggest gripe is constantly being asked if I'm from Australia. (I'm a Yorkie too.)

Yeah, I had a friendly "dont mess with the chinese girls unless you're serious" chat from one of the local guys in the office when I first started going out with my (now) wife. We've been married coming up 10 yrs and we've got 3 kids...wondering how much longer I should keep it going to make sure they believe I'm serious?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.