Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Short term living/rental opportunities

Short term living/rental opportunities

Old Jun 28th 2018, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

nayan166 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Short term living/rental opportunities

Hi guys,

I posted last month about how short term visas work as I had a possible work opportunity. It has progressed well and it looks like they have agreed to let me be in Singapore 2 stints of 3 months next year. I would have done 6 months straight but i have a few weddings to attend back in London in the summer, so I thought I'd go to Singapore for the initial 3 months from February onwards, come back to London in May until August and then go back to Singapore from September to November.

As this is an opportunity I've pursued myself and not something my work have actively asked me to do, it's completely self funded. I've been looking at prices of renting a flat and it's very expensive! A lot more than I expected. I have a mortgage in London as well, so I'll essentially be paying that plus a lot on rent in Singapore at the same time. It's a bit hit but it's been something I've wanted to do for a long time so I'm prepared to take it.

That being said, I do want to try and get the best deal possible for me. It looks like it'll be HDB flats as the most realistic option. I've seen a lot of adverts for renting a room within a flat but I'd ideally have a small place to myself.

Any advice would be much appreciated on what kind of websites to look on, and also what areas would be good to look at.

Many thanks!