Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Short term accommodation Singapore

Short term accommodation Singapore

Old May 22nd 2010, 3:20 am
Account Closed

No 15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Short term accommodation Singapore

After much to-ing and fro-ing we still aren't in Singapore yet. The plan now is only to spend 6 months there before heading back to Paris.
It's been a few years since I've been in Singapore so does anyone know short term accommodation options (6 months). Want to have full kitchen facilities.
Latest is that we will arriving in July.
Old May 22nd 2010, 4:01 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Short term accommodation Singapore

Originally Posted by No 15
After much to-ing and fro-ing we still aren't in Singapore yet. The plan now is only to spend 6 months there before heading back to Paris.
It's been a few years since I've been in Singapore so does anyone know short term accommodation options (6 months). Want to have full kitchen facilities.
Latest is that we will arriving in July.
If you are not bringing furniture with you, your best bet would be to stay in a 'serviced apartment'. There are loads of them in Singapore as many expats stay in them on short term assignments or (as in our situation) for one month whilst looking for a place to live whilst our stuff was being shipped over. I do know one couple who lived in one for a couple of years.

You will probably get a better rate as you would be staying for a longer term, therefore I strongly encourage you to negotiate.

We stayed at Fraser Suites on River Valley Road (they provide a free breakfast) and there is a pool, gym, library, business centre, free shuttle service, maid service etc. They have kitchens, utensils, washing machines and dryers.

There are a number of 'Fraser' residences:

http://www.frasershospitality.com/

You can google for other places, eg. at Great World City, Orchard Park Suites etc.

Best to think about booking somewhere to stay asap if you choose a serviced apartment to reside in; many expat families will be arriving during the Summer to get acquainted with Singapore before most of the international schools begin the new academic year in August & early September.
Old May 23rd 2010, 2:02 am
Account Closed

No 15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Short term accommodation Singapore

Thanks EM that's great information. My OH's office did suggest one accommodation address however one of his workmates went to have a look and said it was horrid. This looks much nicer.