Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

senior consultant post in singapore (medical)

senior consultant post in singapore (medical)

Old Jan 29th 2012, 11:38 am
Just Joined

drjack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default senior consultant post in singapore (medical)

hi
i work in the NHS and presently looking for opportunities in singapore
i`m offered a job as a senior consultant in singapore
what is the salary package i should negotiate
base salary etc
can anyon help
regards
Old Jan 29th 2012, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: senior consultant post in singapore (medical)

Are you gonna work in Saudi or here?
Make up your mind.
What's your offer and we'll tell you if it's OK.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

heres the sing deal

Senior Consultant3 years contract

Base PayS$13,600

Clinical AllowanceS$6,000

Housing Subsidy S$2,000

Overall Total MonthS$21,600

i have until middle of feb to accept / negotiate etc.

would be grateful if somebody cud tell me how the base salary works ..ie minimum to maximum
regards
Old Jan 30th 2012, 12:30 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldn't it be best if your future employer explained how the base salary works.

Are you looking to move just for the money side of things and how much you can save, or are you looking at how your new position might help you develop your skills and experience?

To me the offer looks a bit light, but I don't know what Senior Consultants are paid in the UK. No mention of airfares home or frequency. Payment into CPF. Medical care, yeah I know you are in that business somehow but still. CNY bonus or other bonuses. You might have only given the bare bones of the offer.

You can live on it easily even if you have a family and kids but it will be more difficult then.

Housing subsidy is very low unless they provide accom on site and just deduct the subsidy for providing that.
If the accom is up to you then you'll have to add about S$2k to S$3k to what is provided to get something acceptable for a family slightly less if you're single. BTW you usuually get taxed on accom subsidies.

I'm just answering this because no one else has. I don't have any real knowledge of your job.
Old Jan 30th 2012, 6:18 am
Just Joined

thks ex reg
Old Jan 30th 2012, 11:19 am
Just Joined

HayleyPaling is an unknown quantity at this point

One of the most difficult questions that you can ever hear is this: How much are you worth? We don't have one perfect answer because it depends on your job experience and skills. The package you listed looks good, but as mentioned above, you should ask everything you need to know before agreeing or signing anything.
Old Feb 4th 2012, 1:33 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Not really an expert answer, but talking from the other side of the fence..... I have spent a LOT of time at Singapore General Hospital during the last 2 months (as a visitor) and I suspect that it is a very good way to learn some experience.

For all you can say about Singapore (and believe me, I could say a lot), they do have a lot of medical expertise so it is a good training ground.

I was chatting with an Irish speech therapist the other day (geez... must be a good joke there) and she was loving her work there at Singapore General and getting good experience (and of course having a whale of a time off duty travelling around SE Asia too).

So.... yeh.... just depends what you are looking for. singapore is an expensive place and your salary might not stretch to a good exciting life... but certainly some good work experience, some good life experience and Singapore is really not the worse place in the world to be. all the best.
Old Mar 27th 2012, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

dee dev is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi if you have accepted are still in limbo, then my thoughts as someone who has been in the NHS and a Singaporean, the housing allowance sounds a little under budget. and I am not sure if you feel happy with the pay. I am assuming that the junior Consultant salary is 60000+pounds and above.

medical leave and etc may have to be asked for in the contract.

hope this helps

d