Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Real Estate Jobs Singapore: Relocation

Real Estate Jobs Singapore: Relocation

Old Aug 28th 2014, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

courboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Real Estate Jobs Singapore: Relocation

Hi All

I am currently based in London working in commercial property development, which I enjoy.

Due to a change in personal circumstances, I am looking to move to Singapore to be with my girlfriend who has been based there for 2.5 years and isn't coming back anytime soon.

I wondered what the chances are of me getting a job in development/investment in Singapore are? I have a real estate finance masters and have worked at a hedge fund trading in the past, so I do have financial skills too.

My concern is 1) do such jobs for me exist, considering my lack of local asian area knowledge and 2) what is the likely salary? For info I am currently on a package of c.£85k basic and bonuses of between £10k-£40k and I am 29 years old.

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 29th 2014, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Real Estate Jobs Singapore: Relocation

Answers:

1) local knowledge for Estate agents is a great help although I've known a few european agents.
You generally have to drive customers to viewings.

Local knowledge in the finance sector - well the stock market is worldwide, innit?

2) I don't know about the salaries except to say in both job sectors in Singapore I'd expect the salary to be lower than the bonuses. It's the way it works here, although I may be wrong.