Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Professional Landed Permanent Residence Scheme

Professional Landed Permanent Residence Scheme

Old May 9th 2012, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

hmlamie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Professional Landed Permanent Residence Scheme

This Landed Permanent Residence scheme has been suspeneded since last June and from that time i didn't hear anything. Does anybody know any thing new related to this scheme. it was exteremly useful. i regret that i didn't apply in that time.
Old May 10th 2012, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Professional Landed Permanent Residence Scheme

It seems that no one knows any thing about this scheme
Old May 10th 2012, 5:49 am
Emeritus Senior Minister

Paul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hmlamie
It seems that no one knows any thing about this scheme
Singapore is tightening the immigration rules, so they have scrapped many schemes. Closest you could get is this temporary visa to look for a job. If you hold the passport of a developed country (EU, Japan, USA, Australia, etc), you can stay in Singapore for 90 days without any visa.
Old May 10th 2012, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Paul2O
Singapore is tightening the immigration rules, so they have scrapped many schemes. Closest you could get is this temporary visa to look for a job. If you hold the passport of a developed country (EU, Japan, USA, Australia, etc), you can stay in Singapore for 90 days without any visa.
I hold an Egyptian passport, therefore i should obtain a visa to enter Singapore. my question to you, is it tough to find a job there if you are an IT guy
Old May 10th 2012, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

Unless you have some exceptional talent then yes it is difficult.
Good luck.
Old May 10th 2012, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ex reg
Unless you have some exceptional talent then yes it is difficult.
Good luck.
I think i have, from the perspective of years of experience (9 Years) and the tool which i use (Oracle Applications).

So how can i start? I am open to your suggestions.
Old May 10th 2012, 8:02 am
Emeritus Senior Minister

Paul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud of

I think i have, from the perspective of years of experience (9 Years) and the tool which i use (Oracle Applications).

Egypt is pretty far from Singapore, so it will cost a lot to come here just to find jobs. Maybe it is better to apply online, and only move when you have a job offer. There are plenty of IT jobs, but the pay may be low and/or work pass application may be rejected. Try jobstreet or jobsdb.
Old May 10th 2012, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

Egypt is pretty far from Singapore, so it will cost a lot to come here just to find jobs. Maybe it is better to apply online, and only move when you have a job offer. There are plenty of IT jobs, but the pay may be low and/or work pass application may be rejected. Try jobstreet or jobsdb.
Thanks a lot for your response, I am egyptian but i live in Dubai. So it is okay to come and search by myself. you mentioned the the work pass application my be rejected, what are the reasons for rejecting such applications?
Old May 10th 2012, 8:18 am
Emeritus Senior Minister

Thanks a lot for your response, I am egyptian but i live in Dubai. So it is okay to come and search by myself. you mentioned the the work pass application my be rejected, what are the reasons for rejecting such applications?
Dubai is nearer, I guess. You can apply for entry visa which normally grants you a 30-day stay. Air ticket must be round trip since you are coming as a visitor. Then, apply for 3-month pass once you get here.

Work Pass applications are rejected by government for various reasons which they will not disclose. Rule of thumb is the higher the pay and the bigger the company, the better the chance. For example, if a local company with 20 employees offers you $2000 per month, chance to get a Work Pass is slim. However, if an MNC with 5000 employees in Singapore offers you $5000 per month, you will likely get the Work Pass.
Old May 10th 2012, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

Dubai is nearer, I guess. You can apply for entry visa which normally grants you a 30-day stay. Air ticket must be round trip since you are coming as a visitor. Then, apply for 3-month pass once you get here.

Work Pass applications are rejected by government for various reasons which they will not disclose. Rule of thumb is the higher the pay and the bigger the company, the better the chance. For example, if a local company with 20 employees offers you $2000 per month, chance to get a Work Pass is slim. However, if an MNC with 5000 employees in Singapore offers you $5000 per month, you will likely get the Work Pass.
So you recommend me to seach in the giant companies to be able to get an acceptance for a work permit. Can you please suggest a recruitment website in order to start searching
Old May 10th 2012, 11:11 am
Emeritus Senior Minister

So you recommend me to seach in the giant companies to be able to get an acceptance for a work permit. Can you please suggest a recruitment website in order to start searching
You could search jobs at web sites such as jobstreet or jobsdb.
Old May 10th 2012, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

You could search jobs at web sites such as jobstreet or jobsdb.
Thanks A lot , appreciated your help
Old May 10th 2012, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

I know you'll think I'm putting you off. I'm not, just trying to be realistic.
Singapore is a very techie country even it's own citizens and over the last 5 years there's been a big input of more techie people from the sub con as well as elsewhere.

I'm not aware that years of experience is something that is looked for in the tech sector.
But I'm not in the tech sector.
Similarly is not Oracle Apps fairly common worldwide.

Again I'm not trying to disuade you.

But you need something out of the ordinary.
Have you developed something really special?
If not you might just get a local contract which won't be anything special moneywise and you'll have to pay your own accommodation which is very expensive here as is schooling if you have kids and a car might well be out of the equation.
Old May 10th 2012, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ex reg
I know you'll think I'm putting you off. I'm not, just trying to be realistic.
Singapore is a very techie country even it's own citizens and over the last 5 years there's been a big input of more techie people from the sub con as well as elsewhere.

I'm not aware that years of experience is something that is looked for in the tech sector.
But I'm not in the tech sector.
Similarly is not Oracle Apps fairly common worldwide.

Again I'm not trying to disuade you.

But you need something out of the ordinary.
Have you developed something really special?
If not you might just get a local contract which won't be anything special moneywise and you'll have to pay your own accommodation which is very expensive here as is schooling if you have kids and a car might well be out of the equation.
First of all, Thanks for clarification and i really i appreciate your inputs in the thread. What i know that Oracle Application specially the HCM modules are very popular worldwide, specially in middle east, far east and Australia as well. i am not sure how difficulties to find a job there in Singapore, but as Oracle Application consultant, i can work as system analyst, Business Analyst and Project manager also, those are the positions which i can hold.
My question to you, if i want to start searching for job what is the start point?
Old May 10th 2012, 3:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond repute

hmlamie - consider the Banks etc too for IT. They tend to pay better.

My hubby works in IT for a bank and whilst we get no perks whatsoever - he does get a better salary than he would in most other companies (going by the job adverts). He's out tonight but I'll ask him which websites he uses.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.