Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Planning to Move from Dubai to Singapore

View Poll Results: Is it really great place in terms of climate,job and people
Yes it is
0%
No it is not
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Planning to Move from Dubai to Singapore

Old Jan 21st 2012, 11:14 am
Just Joined

richoo87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Planning to Move from Dubai to Singapore

Hi Guys!

Me and My husband is planning to move from Dubai to Singapore as we r in dubai since we were born that is more than 24 years.

We would like to know the current job market in Singapore and is it easy to get a job there due to financial crunch in the whole world.

We want a change so because of that we would like to move.

I m into the field of accounts and my husband in HR.

Suggestions please.

Regards,

Reshma
Old Jan 21st 2012, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Planning to Move from Dubai to Singapore

Where did you obtain your degrees?
Old Jan 21st 2012, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ex reg
Where did you obtain your degrees?
I did my Bachelors in Commerce from Calicut University (India) and currently doing my CMA(Certified Management Accountant)(USA-www.imanet.org)
Old Jan 21st 2012, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

Pros:
Singapore government is pro actively looking to increase the number of FTs, ( Foreign Talent) immigrating into Singapore.
This is for a number of reasons.
They have already doubled the population here, over maybe 5 years plus.
But the policy is ongoing although they are now being more selective with the qualifications and experience of the new FTs.

Cons:
From Wiki 'The University had especially strong faculty in Physics, Zoology, Chemistry, Botany, History, Malayalam, English and Physical Education'
I don't see Commerce mentioned although I know they have a course in it.

I'm not sure, and I don't know, if your experience will be sufficient.

It appears you husband doesn't have any Qualifications.

I 'think' that there may be sufficient accountants already here and certainly inexperienced accountants will be fully covered.

I hope I'm realistic with my comments and others may be more positive.

No reason not to apply but best to do it through the company you are working for if they have a presence here.

Good luck.
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 5:50 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Planning to Move from Dubai to Singapore

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Yeah i got your point. My husband has done his MBA in HR from Columbus University (USA).

And also even though i have 6 years of experience in UAE, i guess i need to focus more on my qualification too right??

Regards,

Reshma