British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Singapore (https://britishexpats.com/forum/singapore-131/)
-   -   Moving to Singapore from Scotland (https://britishexpats.com/forum/singapore-131/moving-singapore-scotland-286565/)

scotmacs Feb 25th 2005 2:40 pm

Moving to Singapore from Scotland

Hi all

Just joined with a view to chatting to expats and exchanging info. Very briefly we were moving to Perth in Oz next year but my husbands work has now asked him to work in Singapore for a couple of years first.

I would appreciate ANY info on taking our 2 beloved labradors with us. I had gotten all the info needed for our move to Perth but since it has changed I am now trying to find out if the quarantine time is the same 30 days as it is with Australia from the UK. I have called DEFRA and am waiting on somone getting back to me but any help from you expats would be great thanks.

Luv Kay

Yorkieabroad Mar 7th 2005 1:59 am

Re: Moving to Singapore from Scotland

Originally Posted by scotmacs
Hi all

Just joined with a view to chatting to expats and exchanging info. Very briefly we were moving to Perth in Oz next year but my husbands work has now asked him to work in Singapore for a couple of years first.

I would appreciate ANY info on taking our 2 beloved labradors with us. I had gotten all the info needed for our move to Perth but since it has changed I am now trying to find out if the quarantine time is the same 30 days as it is with Australia from the UK. I have called DEFRA and am waiting on somone getting back to me but any help from you expats would be great thanks.

Luv Kay

Sorry Kay, I can't help you directly, but if you haven't already found your answer, try posting on expatsingapore.com - maybe someone there will be able to help. And enjoy your time in Singapore we were there for 8 years and loved it.

HunBunny80 Apr 9th 2005 10:50 pm

Re: Moving to Singapore from Scotland

Hi Kay,

Not sure if it is too late now but I believe UK and Singapore has an establishment that there would be no quarantine law.

I was going to fly my Border Collie from London to Singapore (I am a Singaporean, still stuck in London).

If there is anything i could do to help, please feel free to contact me.

Good luck,
Jacqueline

Originally Posted by scotmacs
Hi all

Luv Kay