Moving to Singapore

Old Feb 14th 2012, 10:28 pm
Just Joined

illoyd1 is just really niceilloyd1 is just really niceilloyd1 is just really niceilloyd1 is just really niceilloyd1 is just really niceilloyd1 is just really niceilloyd1 is just really niceilloyd1 is just really nice
Default Moving to Singapore

Hi we are moving to Singapore next month and I would be grateful on any advice on nursery provision for my three and an half year old son. I have been recommended Whitelodge nursery group and wondered if anyone had a child attend there. Also concerned about leaving all my friends behind and feeling lonely when husband is at work and my son is at nursery. I would like to think that I will meet others in the same position through my son being at nursery. Any other suggestions as to making new friends. Thanks
Old Feb 15th 2012, 5:22 am
Forum Regular

Harlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud of
Default Re: Moving to Singapore

Originally Posted by illoyd1
Hi we are moving to Singapore next month and I would be grateful on any advice on nursery provision for my three and an half year old son. I have been recommended Whitelodge nursery group and wondered if anyone had a child attend there. Also concerned about leaving all my friends behind and feeling lonely when husband is at work and my son is at nursery. I would like to think that I will meet others in the same position through my son being at nursery. Any other suggestions as to making new friends. Thanks
Dont worry illoyd1. You wouldnt feel alone there. I'm sure you not the only expat there not working. My wife will be in the same boat. Give her a buzz if you like. We have a 1 yr old & a 4 yrs old. We'll arrive at the end of next month.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond repute

Hi me again

I mentioned on the other thread about www.meetup.com

It's a great website - with loads of different groups. So if you're into a particular sport, past-time - whatever - you'll find something on there. (Good for hubbies too although most of them work so much they never have any free time ).

If you're just looking for a general get to know people meetup group then I thoroughly recommend Singapore International Ladies Group

http://www.meetup.com/Singapore-Inte...-Ladies-Group/

Shameless plug as I set up this meetup group with a friend about a year ago! But honestly - we're a friendly bunch.

Harlow Lad - hope your wife will join us too.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

Harlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bocat
Hi me again

It's a great website - with loads of different groups. So if you're into a particular sport, past-time - whatever - you'll find something on there. (Good for hubbies too although most of them work so much they never have any free time ).

If you're just looking for a general get to know people meetup group then I thoroughly recommend Singapore International Ladies Group

Shameless plug as I set up this meetup group with a friend about a year ago! But honestly - we're a friendly bunch.

Thanks for the info Bocat. Hope she will.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

illoyd1 is just really niceilloyd1 is just really niceilloyd1 is just really niceilloyd1 is just really niceilloyd1 is just really niceilloyd1 is just really niceilloyd1 is just really niceilloyd1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bocat
Hi me again

All this information is great thank you and I look forward to meeting you all. My husband clearly thinks he will have free time as at the top of his list that I noticed the other day was golf clubs and diving equipment!! At least I know where his priorities are regarding packing
Old Feb 15th 2012, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

All this information is great thank you and I look forward to meeting you all. My husband clearly thinks he will have free time as at the top of his list that I noticed the other day was golf clubs and diving equipment!! At least I know where his priorities are regarding packing
I know wheres he heading to. I can imagine we'll be there every weekend.
Old Feb 16th 2012, 3:05 am
Just Joined

Kimmylance is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

Welcome to Singapore. I'm sure you gonna love it here. There is a lot of friendly people around. maybe we can meet up for coffee.
Old Feb 16th 2012, 3:12 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Harlow Lad
I know wheres he heading to. I can imagine we'll be there every weekend.
Sounds like the two of you will get on great. Do you know which area you are moving too?

Hi Kimmylance thank you for your reply. I am starting to feel more excited about going now and everyone says I will love it. Coffee sounds great, I will PM you once we arrive. I just found out today a friend of mine is moving over and hopefully HarlowLad's wife can come too when he is golfing
Old Feb 16th 2012, 3:38 am
Just Joined

Sounds like the two of you will get on great. Do you know which area you are moving too?

Hi Kimmylance thank you for your reply. I am starting to feel more excited about going now and everyone says I will love it. Coffee sounds great, I will PM you once we arrive. I just found out today a friend of mine is moving over and hopefully HarlowLad's wife can come too when he is golfing
Sounds like a date to me. Looking forward to it.
Old Feb 16th 2012, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

Yes I'm sure we can spend some time in Pulau Tioman snorkelling.

My new post is in Jurong East not far from the station. We haven't decided where to live yet, I suppose near by will do. Do you know where you guys going to live?

We just bought the flight on 25/03, EXCITING. I'll let her know when you guys meet up.
Old Feb 16th 2012, 11:35 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Harlow Lad
Yes I'm sure we can spend some time in Pulau Tioman snorkelling.

My new post is in Jurong East not far from the station. We haven't decided where to live yet, I suppose near by will do. Do you know where you guys going to live?

We just bought the flight on 25/03, EXCITING. I'll let her know when you guys meet up.
I just looked out my husbands diving stuff and golf things this morning. He is away with work until the 29th then we go skiing for a week. He called this morning to say our flights are going to be booked for 18/03 We only found out last week it was on the cards and confirmed on Tuesday!! We are getting serviced accommodation in River Valley then we can look for something when we are there. Are your children and wife looking forward to going?
Old Feb 16th 2012, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

I just looked out my husbands diving stuff and golf things this morning. He is away with work until the 29th then we go skiing for a week. He called this morning to say our flights are going to be booked for 18/03 We only found out last week it was on the cards and confirmed on Tuesday!! We are getting serviced accommodation in River Valley then we can look for something when we are there. Are your children and wife looking forward to going?
Yeap same here we'll be in serviced accommodation for first 2 weeks. Blimey you guys will be there even earlier. Wife is a bit anxious, but the kids dont very bother about the move as long as the 4 yrs old can get on the plane.
Old Feb 17th 2012, 6:13 am
Just Joined

Oh gosh, I'm so excited. Can't wait for your arrival. Do PM me.
Old Feb 17th 2012, 6:45 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

So what's your story, Kimmy? As you know theirs, why not tell the imminent arrivals a bit about yourself?
Old Feb 17th 2012, 7:17 am
Just Joined

Red face Re: Moving to Singapore

Originally Posted by Seasider
So what's your story, Kimmy? As you know theirs, why not tell the imminent arrivals a bit about yourself?
Hi, I'm a local girl married to a wonderful man. He's from London. We meet while I was studying there. We have 1 children. She's a complete angel. We have live in Hong Kong for 3 years and now we are in Singapore. Not sure where will our next destination be. It all depends on my husband. He's working for Visa.