Many, many questions....

Old Dec 1st 2012, 12:23 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Many, many questions....

Hehe. Of course he might be related to..... No surely not
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

Dover mum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lyndam
Hello

we are also moving next year. We have a wee boy of 7, so have been doing a lot of research re schools etc

We have applied for Dover Court as i think the waiting list for Tanglin is two years.

Kind of looking at Holland Village/clementi area to live as we dont want ben to travel far for school.

My husband has worked there for a year and lives on Bukit Timah road, but is too busy for me

Hope everything works out okay

Lynda
x
Hi Ladies,
Welcome to singapore!
Lynda -I'm a mum of a nearly 7 yr old at dover court. Will your son be starting in y2? When are you arriving. I'd love to help if you had any questions please just ask. Actually rumours are there a new boy starting in our class next yr...wonder if its yours? Make sure you buy some good school shoes pref sandals (it's hot) before you come over. Those classic leather school shoes that he's wearing at the moment will be too hot for him. You'll have a nightmare trying to rush around getting sizes etc over here. And bring a big, fun rack sack (like his fab footy team or something).

Nikki - yes holland village would be ideal and there's some lovely more suburban type areas where you can actually see green, canals for jogging and dog walking and stunning areas between holland v and clementine. Again if I be of any help please just ask.

Nite nite its nearly midnight...school run already beckoning me....
Old Dec 3rd 2012, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

nikki_13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by peterlee
Singapore is the beautiful country and I must you will never gonna miss your home country once you come to Singapore. It is a first world country and english is main spoken language. It is considered as the shopping paradise for people who love shopping. People are very friendly and also it's a best place to make your child future. There is nothing to worry as this country is similar to western countries. One thing you will see Singapore is very clean city also the economy of country is amongst the best in the world.
Thank you peterlee! That's a lovely reassuring response you've given me, I do appreciate it! Its people like yourself who take the time to tell me such wonderful positive things about Singapore that make me very excited to start our new life out there
Old Dec 3rd 2012, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

nikki_13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dover mum
Hi Ladies,
Welcome to singapore!

Nikki - yes holland village would be ideal and there's some lovely more suburban type areas where you can actually see green, canals for jogging and dog walking and stunning areas between holland v and clementine. Again if I be of any help please just ask.

Thank you Dover mum if I have any more questions I shall be sure to ask!
How long have you lived in Singapore?
Old Dec 5th 2012, 9:26 am
Just Joined

Flostan is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Dover mum
Hi Ladies,
Welcome to singapore!
Lynda -I'm a mum of a nearly 7 yr old at dover court. Will your son be starting in y2? When are you arriving. I'd love to help if you had any questions please just ask. Actually rumours are there a new boy starting in our class next yr...wonder if its yours? Make sure you buy some good school shoes pref sandals (it's hot) before you come over. Those classic leather school shoes that he's wearing at the moment will be too hot for him. You'll have a nightmare trying to rush around getting sizes etc over here. And bring a big, fun rack sack (like his fab footy team or something).

My daughter is starting in year 2 at the start of next year. In the process of moving now. Many thanks for the tip about sandals. I wasn't sure if health and safety would go mad! Any other things they need for school that aren't provided or bought from the uniform shop? What do they wear for PE. Thanks.
Old Dec 5th 2012, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

lyndam is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi dover mum

Thanks for the info

He will be going into p4 in august. So nervous about it...worried about daft things like, will he get out to play!

Lynda
x
Old Dec 5th 2012, 4:49 pm
Just Joined

It will be fine. It is a sporty school. I am more worried about the heat! When are you moving out or is it a change of school?
Old Dec 5th 2012, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

hello, moving on 22nd june

My husband has already been there for a year

x
Old Dec 5th 2012, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

worried about my hair in the heat....how big can it go? lol
Old Dec 5th 2012, 5:28 pm
Just Joined

That must be tough with him being out there already. We are moving in the new year so I will be a few months ahead of you. Exciting and scary at the same time!