Making friends?

Old Jul 23rd 2015, 7:58 am
Just Joined

Gemma1984 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Making friends?

Hi all,

My husband and I are considering a move to Singapore with our two dogs.

We are both 30 and no children yet so thought this is the time to do it, we love the UK. We just love traveling and it's given us itchy feet to experience somewhere new and we are both in the dental field and jobs keep popping up looking for dentists in Singapore and we thought why not!

I've done my reading (as much as you can outside of actually living somewhere) but my main niggle is.......how is it making friends in Singapore?
We are both outgoing and sporty and have a good group of friends here and will endeavour to 'get ourselves out there' on arriving in Singapore but we all know how hard it is being new somewhere and a bit lost

Any advice would be so appreciated.

Thanks 😀
Old Jul 23rd 2015, 1:10 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Making friends?

Hello and welcome to the forum

Making friends will be the least of your worries I am sure. Plenty of places to meet people, both locals and expats.

Just do your homework re finances. Singapore is VERY expensive these days. Make sure you can actually afford to live there.

Erh....might be a daft question, but how does that work with the dogs if you are both working?
Old Jul 23rd 2015, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

Gemma1984 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the response!

Yes I have been advised and done some reading about the expense, the salaries we have been advised should allow for a good lifestyle in Singapore and we have a lot of savings for the first few months while we find our feet.

Dog wise.....I will only work part time myself as I do here in UK and on the days I work I will get some help with dogs also as I do here.....I've seen multiple dog sitters etc available in Singapore so will be sure to find someone to have fun with them 🐶

😀😀
Old Jul 24th 2015, 7:18 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hope it all works out OK. Singapore is good to experience.
Old Aug 9th 2015, 4:19 am
Forum Regular

Mlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I have been in SG for 3 years and you won't have any problems making any friends here. There are plenty for forums online with meet up groups which will suit you

SG has a huge expat community. Let me know if you need any advice.

M.
Old Aug 13th 2015, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by Mlee888
Hi,

I have been in SG for 3 years.
A slightly belated Welcome to the forum good that you're enjoying Singapore. We did too when we were living there 2005 to 2007. Seems so long ago now.

Must get down to Singapore again soon
Old Aug 13th 2015, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

Mlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi!

I'm belated in joining. Was meant to join a while back but never got round to it until last week.