Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

LTVP ( common law marriage proof)

LTVP ( common law marriage proof)

Old Jan 22nd 2013, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

christilouise is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LTVP ( common law marriage proof)

Hi,

My partner has recently been issued with an PEP and my daughter a DP. However, my application for a LTVP was sent back as we did not submit a letter confirming our common law marriage.

I know that it clearly states that is what required on the application. However, after contacting the High Commission we were advised that there was an agreement between the two countries and therefore, not required.
It even states this on the response email from the BHC.

This is clearly not the case and now I am getting a little stressed to say the least. I have to re submit my application and supporting docs by the 16th Feb.

Can anybody please advise me who to approach for this letter??

Could I possibly arrive in Singapore and seek entry as a short term visitor and then apply in country?

Any help or advice from most appreciated.

Thanks

Christy
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 10:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LTVP ( common law marriage proof)

Look I'm not familiar with this but you must follow things step by step as you believe is now required.

There won't be a short cut or a back door and querying stuff will just prolong the outcome.

Keep cool and good luck.
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 8:48 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Christy,

I don't know if this is worth a try, but here's a link to the Ministry of Manpower website (MOM) and their contact page. They are usually very good at responding, so maybe worth a try.

Maybe try the Online Feedback tab first and see if you get any joy?

http://www.mom.gov.sg/contact-us/Pag...ion.aspx#email
Old Jan 24th 2013, 8:19 am
Just Joined

Thanks baked bean, I have had a response from the BHC in Singapore confirming that they received info from MOM stating that the letter is not required. I have subsequently contacted MOM with this and am awaiting a response.
Here is hoping its positive.
Old Sep 24th 2013, 7:08 am
Just Joined

gud98 is an unknown quantity at this point

Christilouise how did you get on with this? I will be in the same situation in Dec when I need to get a LTVP for my partner. I also have the email from BHC in Singapore stating the MOM says they don't need to provide the letter confirming our common law marriage, but you do appear to need it for the application. The BHC appears to have washed their hands of it.

How did you resolve it, and did you get your LTVP?

Thanks
Old Sep 25th 2013, 9:41 am
Just Joined

Hello gud98,

Thankfully we managed to sort it out and once we knew what was required it was pretty straightforward.

You will need to do a statutory declaration, you should be able to find some wording if you do a Google search.

Once you have written your declaration contact a solicitor in your local area. Not all of them do it, those that do seemed to charge around £5-10. They basically witness it, sign and stamp. Probably best to get a couple of copies. Since we have arrived we have been asked for one by my partners employer. We don't have another and considering the cost of things here I doubt we will be getting it done for £5

Once MOM received the declaration my application was approved and we have now been here for nearly 6 months!

I hope this helps.

please contact me again if you need anything further.

Christy
Old Sep 25th 2013, 10:35 am
Just Joined

gud98 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Christy