Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Job Opportunities for British Expats in Singapore

Job Opportunities for British Expats in Singapore

Old May 5th 2010, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

DannySillitoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job Opportunities for British Expats in Singapore

Hello,

I am a Resourcer working for Advantage xPO, which is a recruitment company based in London and I was wondering if anyone could assist me.

A client of ours has intimated that we may be given some roles to fill that will be based in Singapore, in the not too distant future. The positions in question are a Finance Program Manager and a Process Re-Engineer (with Financial background). There is likely to be a number of vacancies.

I am looking for British Expats that may be interested in these positions but am unaware where to start looking as I have never filled this type of role before.

Any advice or links would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Danny.
Old May 6th 2010, 1:50 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Job Opportunities for British Expats in Singapore

Originally Posted by DannySillitoe
Hello,

I am a Resourcer working for Advantage xPO, which is a recruitment company based in London and I was wondering if anyone could assist me.

A client of ours has intimated that we may be given some roles to fill that will be based in Singapore, in the not too distant future. The positions in question are a Finance Program Manager and a Process Re-Engineer (with Financial background). There is likely to be a number of vacancies.

I am looking for British Expats that may be interested in these positions but am unaware where to start looking as I have never filled this type of role before.

Any advice or links would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Danny.
Here are two places you could check out:

There is the "CRCE" (Careers Resource Center (sic) for Expatriates) which is an arm of the American Association in Singapore. There are highly qualified expat members from all over the world and those who sign up and pay for the CRCE are active jobseekers; almost all of them are currently resident and are legally allowed to be employed in Singapore and indeed some of them are Permanent Residents. I would say that few (if any) would be expecting the 'full' expat package and most would be willing to work on local terms. You can post up job vacancies on their website:

http://www.aasingapore.com/en/cms/?318

http://www.aasingapore.com/en/cms/?307

http://www.aasingapore.com/crce/

There is a British Chamber of Commerce office (located in the financial district) in Singapore. They may have some suggestions - and I think they may even have an e-mail newsletter which goes out to members looking for new employment opportunities:

http://www.britcham.org.sg/index.php?action=home

Hope this helps!
Old May 6th 2010, 10:10 am
Just Joined

DannySillitoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job Opportunities for British Expats in Singapore

Thanks very much for that, some solid advice given there!

I will certainly have a look on those sites and will put job adverts up as and when they are released.

Many thanks,
Danny.