income vs rent help

Old Dec 31st 2014, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

apgillespie711 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default income vs rent help

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on the forum and I would just like some real world advice please.
I'm looking at moving to Singapore from the UK in around 1-2 years time, and have been looking at potential properties to live in when I make the move. I was just wondering on average what percentage of income you set aside for rent per month in Singapore? Is it 50% or not even as simple as that?

Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

Andrew
Old Jan 1st 2015, 8:03 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: income vs rent help

Hi Andrew. Just to say Welcome to the forum

I'm sure there will be a few folks around shortly to give you some clues. You may also like to browse through this section of the forum, as there have been quite a few topics on folks to moving to Singapore and about renting.

Might be a bit of a daft thing to say, but surely percentage will depend on how much you are earning in Singapore, won't it? It's not going to tell you very much....just a percentage.

Will this be a Company move? Will your employer be funding your accommodation?