Healthcare costs

Old Nov 25th 2016, 4:39 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Healthcare costs

I'm considering a 3-4 month temporary placement in Singapore by my employer (I live in the US currently). My employer will pay all costs in relation to me, but if I want to bring my wife and young daughter along with me then I will need to pay for any additional expenses.

I was therefore wondering how to go about estimating how much health insurance would be for 3 months, and how to go about getting such a policy. I'm assuming that they would join me for 3 months as I believe that's as long as they're allowed to stay in Singapore without needing a visa.

Any/all thoughts and advice welcome.

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 26th 2016, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

Mlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Healthcare costs

If they are here on tourist visa, I don't think they will be able to get any insurance coverage care from local providers.

You will need to check what travel health insurance costs are back in U.K. This does have conditions where you need to have stayed in U.K for a certain amount of time before you come here though.