Excited & Nervous

Old Mar 20th 2013, 10:52 pm
Just Joined

SuperSi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Excited & Nervous

This is my 1st post so be gentle
Moving to Singapore in 2 weeks as everything has just been finalised and can't wait!!

I just have a few questions if anyone can help?

1) Are dentists good in SG as I always seem to struggle with my teeth when I go abroad ?
2) Best place for a single lad to live not expecting being out every night but need good food stalls etc close by
3) Any decent live music venus / bars (Jazz & Blues)

Thanks and look forward to some advice
Old Mar 21st 2013, 6:45 am
Just Joined

melvin lim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Excited & Nervous

SuperSi,

This is also my first post. nice to meet you!

Im a local in singapore and i hope i can give you the information you need.

1) For dentist, you can try Dental on the Bay. it has two branches, one at Marina Bay Sands and one at Vivocity. Price is abit on the high side but the services is good. "Professional" is the word to describe them. You can take a look at their website, links below:

http://www.dentalonthebay.com/

2) Depending on your budget, with a higher budget,you can expect to live in city area with pubs and bar just within walking distance. Perhaps Tanjong Katong area, Geylang area.

3) One of the more popular live music venues/bar will be Timbre.
You can explore the place with the link below:
http://www.timbre.com.sg/

Hope my information helped! =) cheers!
Old Mar 21st 2013, 2:25 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Supersi and welcome to the forum

Yes dentists are very good in Singapore and there are loads of them. I found them far better than UK dentists and no long waits for an appointment.

Where you decide to live will no doubt be determined to some extent where you will be working. Maybe you can advise, then other residents on here can advise you.

There is a lot of nightlife in Singapore. You will have a ball. Enjoy
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 4:23 am
Just Joined

Lack is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Supersi,

Dentist can be good and can also be terrible. I would say it is very similar to the UK. It is not a case of paying for better service. I paid over S$250 for a tooth extraction. My fiancé paid less than two thirds of that and she felt the dentist was very caring and accurate in what was done.

As for choosing where to live, it all depends, where will your office be. There are some fantastic places outside of the centre of town, more affordable and less busy. I live in Katong in district 15. Takes no more than 10 mins in a taxi to work and I have some of the best food on my doorstep. I have a landed property with a decent size garden at a much cheaper price than the usual district 09 and 10.

I am expat from the UK. Lived in Singapore for 6 years.
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

Your dentist will be dependent on either where you live or where you work.

I use a dentist at Jurong Medical at the moment but I've used the dentists at Alexander Hospital and the new Hospital at Yishun.
They are usually young women.
I can say no more.

Anyway I much prefer the treatment in Singapore to that in the UK which imo has deteriorated enormously in the last 10 years or so.
Old Mar 24th 2013, 9:52 am
Just Joined

Dafy is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive only just arrived myself to Singapore and as yet havent needed to visit dentist i managed to get all this done over in the UK before I arrived ie general check up.

Welcome to Singapore and prepare for the heat wave.
Old Mar 24th 2013, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for all the replies that is great news I thought they would be good over there !

The area my office is I ave been told the closest station is Novena so would be looking close to there or on the red line
Old Mar 26th 2013, 2:45 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ex reg
Your dentist will be dependent on either where you live or where you work.

I use a dentist at Jurong Medical at the moment but I've used the dentists at Alexander Hospital and the new Hospital at Yishun.
They are usually young women.
I can say no more.

Anyway I much prefer the treatment in Singapore to that in the UK which imo has deteriorated enormously in the last 10 years or so.
Here's a thread from another forum you might find interesting.

You may have to register to read it but it's a secure forum and no problems.

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?...c=2635667&st=0
Old Apr 4th 2013, 5:28 pm
Just Joined

Vikkirich85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Hun, I've just moved to Singapore also. From uk too, how's it all going for u...have U managed to find a place etc...
Old Apr 8th 2013, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

Hi Vikkirich85 not found anywhere as yet but looking round the Novena area how about you ?
Old Apr 9th 2013, 5:54 am
Just Joined

Vikkirich85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes Ian also looking there, Altlgh will b working in Ang mo Kio but further out. Seems to prove difficult here in finding a decent/suitable place with all u want.
Easyroommate often has lots in the city if ur willing to pay out...
Old Apr 9th 2013, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

I know very tough but the easyroommate seems a good option thanks

Hope you get somewhere sorted soon....