Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Cost of living in Singapore- again...

Cost of living in Singapore- again...

Old Dec 15th 2013, 4:45 am
Just Joined

undecided73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Cost of living in Singapore- again...

I am planning to relocate from Europe to Singapore with my wife and 2 boys (2 and 5 y.o). The salary is $150 SGD gross and I would appreciate your feedback for the following:

a) what would be the net amount?
b) my office will be close to Marina Bay - which areas are better to live in order to get there within 30 minutes by public transport?
c) for a three-bedroom flat and with a budget of $3k where should I look?
d) we plan to sent the kids to public school - any ideas about the admission process - how easy is it and what would be the cost?
e) a rough breakdown of expenses for food, utilities, transportation, medical insurance (not sure yet if it would be covered by employer) and any thing else I forgot .

Thank you,

Undecided73
Old Dec 15th 2013, 5:22 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cost of living in Singapore- again...

Honestly, if you can't be bothered to search the forum or you want posters to do all the work for you then ... well I'll say no more.
BTW bb will be along shortly to welcome you to the forum.

She's got much more tact than me.
Old Dec 15th 2013, 11:57 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cost of living in Singapore- again...

Hi undecided and welcome to the forum

I'm not in Singapore so cannot help you. As exReg said, there's a load of existing topics that probably will answer all your questions. Have a good browse through. There's also a search box up on the top right.

You may get a better response if you find an existing topic first, say about schooling, then add to that one.