Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Cost of housing in Singapore

Cost of housing in Singapore

Old Sep 27th 2010, 8:11 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cost of housing in Singapore

I currently live in Dubai, where due to the collapse of the property sector I now rent a nice 1-bedroom flat in a high quality building for approximately 1,000 GBP a month (rents are payable typically 3-4 cheques a year but this is what it averages out to on a monthly basis). 1,000 GBP works out to 2,000 Singaporean dollars.

I'd like to get a sense of what the housing costs are in Singapore and how it compares to Dubai.

So if anyone can give me the approximate costs for an apartment of the following type:

1-bedroom with 1 or 1.5 baths
Around 700-800 square feet (70-80 sqm)
Good quality finishes
Pool and gym in the complex
Location - area popular with younger single expats, close to the major links and city centre.

Cheers
Old Sep 27th 2010, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cost of housing in Singapore

You don't mention furnished or unfurnished but Singapore is probably in the range of 1.5 to 2 times the Dubai rate.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 8:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

there is a huge difference in prices in Singapore according to location.

a 1 bed will probably cost you GBP 1500-2000. if you go slightly further out you can get a 2-3 bed for the same price

check propertyguru.com.sg
Old Oct 12th 2010, 8:35 am
Just Joined

lastresort is just really nicelastresort is just really nicelastresort is just really nicelastresort is just really nicelastresort is just really nicelastresort is just really nicelastresort is just really nicelastresort is just really nicelastresort is just really nice

According to craigslist, a closet runs about 15000. Thanks expat packages!