common law proof

Old Feb 15th 2017, 10:12 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: common law proof

Originally Posted by Trine
My son is trying to arrange a long term visit visa for his Japanese G/F they have been living in Tokyo he is British and his job is moving to Singapore if they get affidavit do they need to get that notarised in Japan order in UK
Good luck getting that notarised in Japan. The Japanese legal system recognises common law relationships even less than Britain does. In Japan you're either married or you're not, there is no in-between. Cohabiting in most parts of Japan is perfectly fine these days but don't expect to get any legal support off the back of it.
Old Feb 15th 2017, 10:23 am
Just Joined

Tvrdavey is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Trine;12100934]
Originally Posted by Trine
My son is trying to arrange a long term visit visa for his Japanese G/F they have been living in Tokyo he is British and his job is moving to Singapore if they get affidavit do they need to get that notarised in Japan or in the uk?
I would assume you can get it notarised in the U.K., but whether it is worth doing or not is another question. Seems that some applications are accepted and some rejected. Pot luck!
Old Mar 13th 2017, 10:00 am
Just Joined

stumc82 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Aaronsarah;12035555]
Originally Posted by sayang
Are you British?

As the UK government does not recognise common law marriage, you can't get the proof. An affadivit used to be enough, but SG govt now wants confirmation from the government involved (embassy/ high commission)

So, get married.[/QUOT
thank you for your reply. Yes we are British. We've managed to find something online we have just got to get a solicitor to witness and sign so no need to get married 😂
Can you share the information you found online? I'm in a similar situation would welcome guidance.
Old Mar 23rd 2017, 1:15 am
Just Joined

CatF is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Aaronsarah;12035555]
Originally Posted by sayang
Are you British?

As the UK government does not recognise common law marriage, you can't get the proof. An affadivit used to be enough, but SG govt now wants confirmation from the government involved (embassy/ high commission)

So, get married.[/QUOT
thank you for your reply. Yes we are British. We've managed to find something online we have just got to get a solicitor to witness and sign so no need to get married 😂
Hi Guys,

We are in a similar situation, nothing seems to be clear online about this. What did you find online and did you get your affidavit notarised by a UK solicitor?

Thanks for your help
Old Mar 23rd 2017, 1:33 am
Just Joined

[QUOTE=CatF;12210827]
Originally Posted by Aaronsarah

Hi Guys,

We are in a similar situation, nothing seems to be clear online about this. What did you find online and did you get your affidavit notarised by a UK solicitor?

Thanks for your help
We had ours notarised by public notary in the UK, but was unsuccessful.
Old Mar 23rd 2017, 1:53 am
Just Joined

CatF is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Tvrdavey;12210843]
Originally Posted by CatF

We had ours notarised by public notary in the UK, but was unsuccessful.
Ok thanks. So what were your next steps? Thanks
Old Mar 23rd 2017, 2:00 am
Just Joined

[QUOTE=CatF;12210854]
Originally Posted by Tvrdavey

Ok thanks. So what were your next steps? Thanks
Seems there is little you can do. Strictly speaking it's impossible to provide the evidence the Singapore authorities are looking for if you are a UK citizen. In some cases they seem to regard the affidavit as acceptable, but in other cases (like ours) they do not.

Any suggestions as to what the next step is are welcome!
Old Apr 3rd 2017, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

sayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond reputesayang has a reputation beyond repute

Get married is the obvious next step... (we got married for visa reasons too, 17 years ago...)
Old Apr 11th 2017, 3:14 am
Just Joined

Hads101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

This is my first post on here. I recently moved over here from the UK (1st April) and my partner and me are also unmarried. I am on an EP. We had a notary sign an affidavit and provided all of the usual documents requested and it was fine for the LTVP - 2 years granted. I think if your employer applies for the LTVP for your unmarried partner you have a much better chance of being accepted.

Good luck.
Old Apr 12th 2017, 7:47 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Hads101
Hi all,

This is my first post on here. I recently moved over here from the UK (1st April) and my partner and me are also unmarried. I am on an EP. We had a notary sign an affidavit and provided all of the usual documents requested and it was fine for the LTVP - 2 years granted. I think if your employer applies for the LTVP for your unmarried partner you have a much better chance of being accepted.

Good luck.
Thanks for the info, sent you a PM
Old Apr 12th 2017, 7:51 am
Just Joined

No problem, I cant view my messages until I have posted 3 times! One sec.
Old Apr 12th 2017, 7:53 am
Just Joined

That should do it...
Old Apr 22nd 2017, 11:18 am
Just Joined

Abarrow88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hads101
Hi all,

Good luck.
Hi Hads,
Me and my partner are in the same situation, in that he has started his employment in Singapore with a two year employment pass and we are unmarried. We are both from the UK. Can I ask which country you are from? Has your partner been granted a visa? We have a mortgage together, not sure if that will help! Did you include any adoditional documentation? Pretty stressful situation ATM and I'm convinced marriage isn't the answer!
Thanks
Amelia
Old Jul 6th 2017, 8:49 am
Just Joined

Dunk78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, myself and partner are moving Singapore next month and are in a similar position to yourselves:

She and I are both British. We have been living together in the UK for over 10 years, have had a joint mortgage since 2011 (with statements) and have joint council tax statements dating back to then. We also have joint life insurance policy.

I will be on an EP through my employer and they will also submit the application for my partner's LTVP. We plan to provide the above evidence plus notarised affidavit(s).

My query / request is, does anyone that has been successful have any further advice and also would they be able to provide a template of what is considered an acceptable affidavit / declaration by Singapore MOM?

Thanks very much in advance for any help any of you can provide.
Old Jul 27th 2017, 6:39 am
Just Joined

JJ89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dunk78
Hi everyone, myself and partner are moving Singapore next month and are in a similar position to yourselves:

She and I are both British. We have been living together in the UK for over 10 years, have had a joint mortgage since 2011 (with statements) and have joint council tax statements dating back to then. We also have joint life insurance policy.

I will be on an EP through my employer and they will also submit the application for my partner's LTVP. We plan to provide the above evidence plus notarised affidavit(s).

My query / request is, does anyone that has been successful have any further advice and also would they be able to provide a template of what is considered an acceptable affidavit / declaration by Singapore MOM?

Thanks very much in advance for any help any of you can provide.
Hi all, my partner and I are in a similar situation. We are both Scottish and I have a potential job offer on Singapore. The company will apply for an employment pass for me and I was hoping a LTVP for my partner. I emailed Ministry of Manpower to ask about the affadavit and what they need. Their response was:
"We wish to share that United Kingdom (UK) nationals are not eligible for Long-Term Visit Passes (LTVP) for common-law spouses, as such relationships do not have legal status under UK law. We are therefore unable to consider your LTVP application."
As the quote I got from a lawyer for preparing an affadavit is around 250 pounds, I don't really want to do that if they are saying they won't accept it. However, from know this thread MoM obviously have accepted an affadavit fairly recently!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.