Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Can my wife sponsor me and our son

Can my wife sponsor me and our son

Old Feb 20th 2016, 10:16 am
Just Joined

Petesax is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can my wife sponsor me and our son

Hi all,

My wife has been offered a position in Singapore and we're planning to move there with our 3 year old son.

The intention is that for the first 6+ months I will not be working whilst deciding on my next career move.

My question is, can my wife sponsor both me and my son to be living there? We currently live in Dubai and a wife is unable to sponsor a husband so I wanted to check that it's not the same in Singapore?

Can we all arrive in the country together or does she need to organise our sponsorship after she has already arrived?

Thanks in advance
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

Mlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can my wife sponsor me and our son

Yes, your wife must earn at least $5k SGD a month however.

She will need to get her work pass approved and then your son and you will need to have applications processed for dependant passes. This won't take too long.

Check the MOM SG website for epass dependant pass applications.