Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Brit Moving from Australia to Singapore

Brit Moving from Australia to Singapore

Old Mar 30th 2008, 3:27 am
Just Joined

Barnsie is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Brit Moving from Australia to Singapore

Soon moving from Australia, with my husband, to live and work in Singapore - I will be bringing my dog and would like to know of any accommodation and areas that would be dog friendly.

Last edited by Barnsie; Mar 30th 2008 at 3:31 am.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 12:52 am
Just Joined

Knutty has a brilliant futureKnutty has a brilliant futureKnutty has a brilliant futureKnutty has a brilliant futureKnutty has a brilliant futureKnutty has a brilliant futureKnutty has a brilliant future
Default Re: Brit Moving from Australia to Singapore

Hi there!

When are you moving? We seem to be in a similar situation, we're a British couple moving from Melbourne to Singapore in July.

Sorry I can't help with any advice but wondered if you fancied PM'ing us and perhaps we can swap any advice or tips as we go.

Leann
Old Apr 14th 2008, 1:02 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I'm about to do the opposite.

Barnsie, can you give me some more clues - do you have children and want to be near schools, do you work, do you want to be near the office or your husband's office, do you want a house or condo, what is your monthly budget, etc? Lots of people have dogs but the locals tend to opt for cutesy lapdogs - one reason being that public housing (HDBs) has restrictions on the size of dogs allowed.

You could try www.expatsingapore.com it's a long-running forum with tons of info in the archives but beware of the trolls. It can get pretty nasty.
www.singaporeexpats.com has some great property information but the forum isn't that useful unless you want to be a Singapore Girl or want to know where to have your double-eyelid operation.
www.singaporum.com is a newish, chatty board where you'll get help if you ask.

(The first two are commercial, the last one is not, I'm not involved in the running of any of them so nothing to gain from recommending them.)
Old Apr 14th 2008, 5:15 am
Account Closed

katongkaren is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to second Seasider's comments - try expatsingapore website, put some postings on it and do some searches.

I suppose you might want to check out park areas too? There is a government website giving info on all the parks - just do a google and you'll find it.

We used to live walking distance to East Coast Park and lots of dog walkers down there. Whilst it's a small island, you'll be surprised at the number of green areas around - enjoy!

Seasider - haven't you gone yet??
Old Apr 14th 2008, 9:42 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katongkaren

Seasider - haven't you gone yet??
Well my brain's gone, completely, but the rest of me has yet to follow suit.

(Barring accidents, the cats go and the movers come in 28th Apr, we fly 1st May. I never thought the day would come but I may well be sick of being dined by friends at No Signboard by then. )