Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Asset outside Singapore not allow for PR.

Asset outside Singapore not allow for PR.

Old Nov 20th 2011, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

Harlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud of
Default Asset outside Singapore not allow for PR.

Hi Singapore expats,

Just try to clarify this immigration issue that you cant own or drive a Malaysia reg vehicle if you are Singapore PR.

What about owning a property in Malaysia is that allow?

Thank you any Singapore expert in advance!
Old Nov 21st 2011, 1:48 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Asset outside Singapore not allow for PR.

I asked this question on a Singapore car forum for you.
Although confused a bit with your question the answer seems to be:
-a Sing PR can buy a property in JB that is greater than 500k

-a sing PR can own a Malaysian car but can only drive it in Singapore on PH and for a max of 10 other days a year ( maybe weekends as well but not sure ). It may also be possible to drive the car in Singapore after 7pm and before 6am. I think you can check out if this is correct on the Singapore LTA website.
Old Nov 21st 2011, 5:11 am
Forum Regular

Harlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ex reg
I asked this question on a Singapore car forum for you.
Although confused a bit with your question the answer seems to be:
-a Sing PR can buy a property in JB that is greater than 500k

-a sing PR can own a Malaysian car but can only drive it in Singapore on PH and for a max of 10 other days a year ( maybe weekends as well but not sure ). It may also be possible to drive the car in Singapore after 7pm and before 6am. I think you can check out if this is correct on the Singapore LTA website.
Thank you for the information ex reg.

I thought Singapore immigration change their law about asset outside Singapore.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 2:35 am
Emeritus Senior Minister

Paul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud of

You can own assets outside Singapore as long as you don't buy Singapore HDB. You cannot drive Malaysia car into Singapore if you are Singapore PR (some exceptions applied as mentioned by previous poster).

Best is to buy JB property, buy Singapore car, and commute.
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

teck21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ex reg
Actually, PRs and citizens are very strictly not permitted to drive Malasian registered cars into Singapore.

They have however come up with a new scheme that permits a minuscule number of PRs/citizens to drive them in, and the two most important considerations are that:

a) applicant MUST NOT live in SIngapore
b) applicant MUST be working in Malaysia

Documentation required of course. Those 2 criteria mean that very few will actually qualify.

http://www.iskandarliving.com/forum
Old Sep 12th 2012, 4:27 am
Just Joined

Leon.cheng is an unknown quantity at this point

Can I know SG PR own HDB , he intended to buy a shop or factory in Malaysia. Not purchase residential house. Is it allowable?