Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Artist moving to Singapore with teacher partner

Artist moving to Singapore with teacher partner

Old Mar 9th 2016, 8:39 am
Just Joined

Claralacy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Artist moving to Singapore with teacher partner

Hello,

I am an illustrator and artist who is planning to move to Singapore with my boyfriend in the summer when he stars his job at an international school.

I am freelance, living and working in london at the moment and thought of contacting agencies and publications based in Singapore or who have offices there.

I would be very grateful for advice and information on what I'd need to do to gain a visa to stay in Singapore as well?

Thank you.
Old Mar 12th 2016, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

Mlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond reputeMlee888 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Artist moving to Singapore with teacher partner

Originally Posted by Claralacy
Hello,

I am an illustrator and artist who is planning to move to Singapore with my boyfriend in the summer when he stars his job at an international school.

I am freelance, living and working in london at the moment and thought of contacting agencies and publications based in Singapore or who have offices there.

I would be very grateful for advice and information on what I'd need to do to gain a visa to stay in Singapore as well?

Thank you.
U.K. Passport holders can enter Singapore on 3 month tourist visa. Depending on what type of pass your boyfriend will hold, you may be entitled to apply for a long term visitors pass. This normally applies if you have been together and can prove it for at least 2 years or something.

You won't be entitled to a dependant pass as you need to be married for this. Search jobsdb and monster Singapore for some companies. Do note competition is big for jobs out here at the moment.

Best of luck in your move and job hunt.