Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Any good Removers/Shippers in Singapore.

Any good Removers/Shippers in Singapore.

Old Mar 9th 2008, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

chits is a jewel in the roughchits is a jewel in the roughchits is a jewel in the roughchits is a jewel in the rough
Default Any good Removers/Shippers in Singapore.

Hi
I will be moving to canada soon.Does anyone have any good expereience with Good removers/shippers for transporting my personal items.
Yr suggestions are welcome.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 7:08 am
Account Closed

katongkaren is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any good Removers/Shippers in Singapore.

Can only give you a negative comment and that is do not use KC Dat/Asian Tigers in Singapore. We used them and they were expensive and provided a cr*p service and also got stung for some extra charges even though they quoted an all-in figure.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

chits is a jewel in the roughchits is a jewel in the roughchits is a jewel in the roughchits is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by katongkaren
Can only give you a negative comment and that is do not use KC Dat/Asian Tigers in Singapore. We used them and they were expensive and provided a cr*p service and also got stung for some extra charges even though they quoted an all-in figure.
thanks katong.I won't use the above 2 movers for sure.Can U suggest any good ones?
Old Mar 13th 2008, 9:52 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I can't really "recommend" them yet as we haven't used them yet, but we're using Unigroup UTS Worldwide from Sg to Sydney. We don't have a choice as it's a company move but a friend here who has done numerous international and domestic moves has just used them for a domestic move and says they're the best she's had.

I know it depends what crew you get on the day but it's better than no recommendation at all.

KC Dat not good, Karen? Sorry to hear that - do you want me to feed that back to their PR Manager who is a friend of a friend?

I've used Collins for a domestic move in Sg but a friend has recently used them to move back to Sydney and had awful trouble. They underestimated - she thinks deliberately, to get the biz, and she's just told me the material they used for packing crates was confiscated by AQIS, and she had to pay A$100 a crate for them to be destroyed!!! I used to recommend them but I won't do it again.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Seasider
I can't really "recommend" them yet as we haven't used them yet, but we're using Unigroup UTS Worldwide from Sg to Sydney. We don't have a choice as it's a company move but a friend here who has done numerous international and domestic moves has just used them for a domestic move and says they're the best she's had.

I know it depends what crew you get on the day but it's better than no recommendation at all.

KC Dat not good, Karen? Sorry to hear that - do you want me to feed that back to their PR Manager who is a friend of a friend?

I've used Collins for a domestic move in Sg but a friend has recently used them to move back to Sydney and had awful trouble. They underestimated - she thinks deliberately, to get the biz, and she's just told me the material they used for packing crates was confiscated by AQIS, and she had to pay A$100 a crate for them to be destroyed!!! I used to recommend them but I won't do it again.
thanks a lot.The info U provided is very useful.I am getting even more confused as to who is the most reliable here in singapore .Could U pls give me the phone number of Unigroup? My thanks in advance.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 10:36 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

chits, I haven't spoken with them myself but here's the contacts from the website:

http://www.unigroupworldwide.com/email/index.html

Their Surveyor is coming to the house this Saturday so I could let you know what vibe I get from them after that.

However I notice from your initial post that you say you want to move "personal effects". If you are not moving furniture, they are probably not what you need, or will be very expensive for what you need.

If it is just personal effects, you could look at couriers (DHL, UPS, etc.), excess or unaccompanied baggage with the airlines, or even SingPost.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

chits, I haven't spoken with them myself but here's the contacts from the website:

http://www.unigroupworldwide.com/email/index.html

Their Surveyor is coming to the house this Saturday so I could let you know what vibe I get from them after that.

However I notice from your initial post that you say you want to move "personal effects". If you are not moving furniture, they are probably not what you need, or will be very expensive for what you need.

If it is just personal effects, you could look at couriers (DHL, UPS, etc.), excess or unaccompanied baggage with the airlines, or even SingPost.
thanks a lot for the reply.I would be moving a couple of furnitures.This move will be my personal move.Air freight is more expensive,thatz what the movers say.U let me know after yr surveyor comes to yr house on saturday.When are U moving?
Old Mar 13th 2008, 11:51 am
Auntie Fa

Ok no worries, but you might have to bump the thread to remind me as I don't know what planet I'm on at the moment.

Moving end of April, hopefully. Made the decision about ten days ago! Visa app in progress now. All good fun.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

Ok no worries, but you might have to bump the thread to remind me as I don't know what planet I'm on at the moment.

Moving end of April, hopefully. Made the decision about ten days ago! Visa app in progress now. All good fun.
ok,end april.yrs is sydney.mine is canada ..very far....All the best with yr move(read movers )
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:30 am
Account Closed

katongkaren is an unknown quantity at this point

No don't worry - the company is full of themselves and prob wouldn't take any notice whatsovever. I shall just pass on our experience to friends and anyone who is vaguely interested.

So, you are leaving Singapore too? Well we'll miss you on this forum, hope you'll visit back sometime - many a good contribution posted. Best of luck in Oz, sure you will enjoy the experience.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:48 am
Auntie Fa

Thanks, karen - I'm sure I'll still chip in now and then. I've been helping out with all the SIN stopovers in the Aus forums too.

chits - the guy from UTS really seemed to know his stuff. I dropped in a few awkward questions and he handled them very well. The problem I now have is, he says we are way over what the company will ship for us; we need a 40ft container! I knew we would be tight but he says we can't take a 20ft plus a part load. We don't even have any fridge, washer, dryer, etc., to move and we're selling our outdoor furniture but really don't want to get rid of anything else, so we're going to ask the relocation agent to arrange for another company to come round to see what they say.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

Thanks, karen - I'm sure I'll still chip in now and then. I've been helping out with all the SIN stopovers in the Aus forums too.

chits - the guy from UTS really seemed to know his stuff. I dropped in a few awkward questions and he handled them very well. The problem I now have is, he says we are way over what the company will ship for us; we need a 40ft container! I knew we would be tight but he says we can't take a 20ft plus a part load. We don't even have any fridge, washer, dryer, etc., to move and we're selling our outdoor furniture but really don't want to get rid of anything else, so we're going to ask the relocation agent to arrange for another company to come round to see what they say.
thanks seasider.