8 month old baby

Old Jan 7th 2015, 11:35 am
Just Joined

heo2015 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 8 month old baby

Hi,

I am moving to Singapore and have researched many options for maids/nannies/home help but would like know of anyone has direct experience of getting full time, live in help for such a small child? If so, please let me know how you found the help and what it was like.
Are there checks that a person can do before hiring anyone? Agencies for nannies seem reputable... Thanks
Old Jan 7th 2015, 11:55 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 8 month old baby

Just to say Welcome to the forum
Old Jan 7th 2015, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

thank you
Old Jan 7th 2015, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

Employing a live in maid is a very difficult thing to do even with solid references which are not easy to get or put faith in. And I'm speaking of experience employing maids to look after middle aged couples.
It's a gamble and to leave a maid looking after an 8 yo unless you have months even years of personal experience of that maid is not something we'd do.

Of course many many maids look after children even younger with no problems whatsoever.
Old Jan 7th 2015, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for the advice.
Can I confirm then that the route to go down would be to have a live-in maid and separate nanny? Is that correct?
Old Jan 8th 2015, 2:09 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if a nanny is available in Singapore. Probably, but few and far between.

Live in maids are easily available and will say they have experience looking after children or 8 mo child but be very dubious about this for the child's sake.

Mistake in my previous post 8 yo should of course have been 8 mo.

Not easy to chop and change maids until you find one you fully trust and not good for the maid either who after all is just in Singapore to make money to support her family back home.
Some are here for other reasons.

I think a live in maid will cost between S$1250 to S$1500 per month inclusive of food etc etc
A nanny will cost more.