Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

MOVE TO SPAIN AND GET FREE HEALTHCARE

MOVE TO SPAIN AND GET FREE HEALTHCARE

Old Aug 1st 2012, 1:50 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MOVE TO SPAIN AND GET FREE HEALTHCARE

Originally Posted by anonimouse
YES
OK
Old Aug 1st 2012, 2:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
OK
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 7:46 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

for information, I live in Andalucia, over 60, am registered with the local and national health systems.
saw the doctor yesterday for repeat of my hypertension tablets - a total of 4 packets, was charged €3.84 total
ok that's more than the £nil I would pay in the UK but far better than some.
Old Nov 9th 2012, 11:10 am
Just Joined

franosullivan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tommy.irene
Move to Spain and get free healthcare!
Friday, 27th July, 2012 by Anthony Strachan
The Spanish Health Minister, Ana Mató, has announced that all legal residents of Spain whose income from all sources is less than €100,000 a year will be eligible for free medical care from 1st September 2012.

This includes foreigners from the EU or elsewhere, whether or not they contribute to the Social Security system or are in work, who will be able to apply for a SIP card allowing them to register with a doctor and to be treated for all infirmities, even pre-existing conditions, by the State. EU citizens and other nationals from countries which have reciprocal agreements with Spain will be treated in accordance with the conditions of the treaties.

All spouses or partners of those who qualify for free medical services and who are registered on the padrón will also be entitled to State healthcare as will registered children or siblings under 26 years old. Those who retire early and are not yet claiming a State pension will be entitled to free medical care only if they earn less than €100,000 per annum before tax.

Illegal immigrants will not be entitled to free care, except for children, pregnant women and emergency cases. Around half a million people are likely to be affected, mostly those from Latin America, North Africa and Eastern Europe.
I am a resident who doesnt work but my partner does. We are not married but we have been registered on the padron as living together for more than 1 year. He is self employed (and Spanish) and we have been told that we need to apply as a common law couple but neither of us seems to be able to find out how to do this? My local health sevice have informed me that my sip card is no longer valid and i have to contact the uk to get my medical care rights transfered? It would be easier to use my partners social security to cover me. Please help.
Old Nov 9th 2012, 11:28 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by franosullivan
I am a resident who doesnt work but my partner does. We are not married but we have been registered on the padron as living together for more than 1 year. He is self employed (and Spanish) and we have been told that we need to apply as a common law couple but neither of us seems to be able to find out how to do this? My local health sevice have informed me that my sip card is no longer valid and i have to contact the uk to get my medical care rights transfered? It would be easier to use my partners social security to cover me. Please help.

As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Nov 9th 2012, 12:19 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

you can apply for a 'certificate de conviviencia' - although I have a sneaky feeling you need to have been together 2 years for that

then you could be registered as his dependant

otherwise .......... - do you have a green resident cert & have you been doing tax returns?

if so you should be able to get your card re-activated

if yes to the green resident cert but no to the tax returns it seems some people are able to get their cards re-activated by getting a Letter of Legislation from the DWP - I have this morning been informed that the DWP is as of today saying this might take up to 28 days
Old Nov 9th 2012, 1:21 pm
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute

try this.... http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/1070.asp...CategoryID=172
Old Nov 9th 2012, 1:34 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

but you can't (strictly legally) use your UK EHIC if you're a resident of Spain - it's only for use on holiday
Old Nov 9th 2012, 2:38 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

It clearly says:

When you can’t use your EHIC
You can’t use your EHIC if you’re moving abroad to live, work or study or going abroad for planned treatment.

Rosemary
Old Nov 10th 2012, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

We have been told that we need to apply as a common law couple but neither of us seems to be able to find out how to do this?
Try this:

REGISTROS DE PAREJAS DE HECHO