Toll Roads

Old Oct 19th 2017, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

earlyoap has a brilliant futureearlyoap has a brilliant futureearlyoap has a brilliant futureearlyoap has a brilliant futureearlyoap has a brilliant futureearlyoap has a brilliant futureearlyoap has a brilliant future
Default Toll Roads

Hi All
Following the route on Google Maps From Bilbao to Tarifa Via the A6?. Would any one have an idea of the toll fees.
Did this last year wife says it was about 50euro I say it was less.
Just really a ball park figure just to save to row.
Have been told to try the none toll roads but neither of us are that brave yet. Plus we just want to get from A to B. so any one got an idea.
Old Oct 19th 2017, 5:37 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Toll Roads

You can get the exact amounts if you put your route into Via Michelin. That is what I have always done so that it means that I can have the correct money ready.

Rosemary
Old Oct 19th 2017, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

earlyoap has a brilliant futureearlyoap has a brilliant futureearlyoap has a brilliant futureearlyoap has a brilliant futureearlyoap has a brilliant futureearlyoap has a brilliant futureearlyoap has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Rosemary
You can get the exact amounts if you put your route into Via Michelin. That is what I have always done so that it means that I can have the correct money ready.

Rosemary
Hi Thanks cant seem to get it working. I Know it a bit cheeky but any chance you could have a look.
Old Oct 19th 2017, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

When I put Bilbao and Tarifa in and press enter it just come up please enter location and more drop down boxs???

Last edited by earlyoap; Oct 19th 2017 at 6:13 pm.
Old Oct 19th 2017, 6:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by earlyoap
Hi All
Following the route on Google Maps From Bilbao to Tarifa Via the A6?. Would any one have an idea of the toll fees.
Have been told to try the none toll roads but neither of us are that brave yet. Plus we just want to get from A to B. so any one got an idea.
Long way round but about €30,- A very good road is to head for Salamanca after Burgos and then you to Sevilla.( Ruta de Plata ) Toll free after Burgos and slightly shorter
Old Oct 19th 2017, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Sounds like the wife was right. I remember doing it last year in a RHD car and it took us 2 toll booth to work out why the kiosk or machine where on the Passages side.
Old Oct 19th 2017, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like the wife was right. I remember doing it last year in a RHD car and it took us 2 toll booth to work out why the kiosk or machine where on the Passages side.
They normally are
Old Oct 19th 2017, 7:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Retired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All
The AP68 from Bilbao to near Miranda de Ebro will be about €20 or less; and for the AP8 from near Vitoria to Burgos we usually pay around €11.
From Bilbao follow the AP68 direction Vitoria/Gasteiz. Gasteiz is the Basque word for Vitoria. If you follow the big blue Motorway signs with AP68 in Bilbao you should be OK.
Road signs in Spain I invariably find lacking in detail. And sometimes non-existent!

After that, as Loafing Along has said, the dual carriageways to Valladolid, Salamanca & Caceres are free.
Old Oct 19th 2017, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

We have booked accommodation on the way two over nighters we are on Hols. So pretty much stuck with the route

Get on A-8 in Euskadi from N-644
11 min (8.9 km)

Take AP-68, AP-1, E-80/A-62, E-803/A-66 ... and A-381 to Autovía del Mediterráneo/E-15/A-7 in Andalucía. Take the exit for E-15/A-7 from A-381
9 h 13 min (1,046 km)

Follow Autovía del Mediterráneo/A-7 and N-340 to Calle Amador de los Rios in Tarifa
This is how google says do. If this make sense

Both hotels are on or just off these roads
Old Oct 19th 2017, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

We have booked accommodation on the way two over nighters we are on Hols. So pretty much stuck with the route

Get on A-8 in Euskadi from N-644
11 min (8.9 km)

Take AP-68, AP-1, E-80/A-62, E-803/A-66 ... and A-381 to Autovía del Mediterráneo/E-15/A-7 in Andalucía. Take the exit for E-15/A-7 from A-381
9 h 13 min (1,046 km)

Follow Autovía del Mediterráneo/A-7 and N-340 to Calle Amador de los Rios in Tarifa
This is how google says do. If this make sense

Both hotels are on or just off these roads
Makes sense. Enjoy the trip
Old Oct 19th 2017, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

Know some people may say use some back roads not the Toll Roads. But Its only are 2nd time driving in Spain. In Tarifa for 6 weeks. Looking round so will have time to drive round a bit. Earlier this year when we went the car got to Tarifa and was parked up except for 3 trips to the town next to Gib. Only reason we go by car is Pip our dog tags along.
Old Oct 19th 2017, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Know some people may say use some back roads not the Toll Roads. But Its only are 2nd time driving in Spain. In Tarifa for 6 weeks. Looking round so will have time to drive round a bit. Earlier this year when we went the car got to Tarifa and was parked up except for 3 trips to the town next to Gib. Only reason we go by car is Pip our dog tags along.
The toll roads have a fast lane for credit card users but in your case (assuming you are driving ) it will mean something unforgivable - giving your credit card to your wife !!
Old Oct 22nd 2017, 5:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary

Rosemary
I just put the App on my Ipad. Very useful!
Old Oct 24th 2017, 6:39 am
BE Enthusiast

EllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond reputeEllisG has a reputation beyond repute

Complete waste of money, the road down here is a joy to drive on the so called back roads....in reality they are A roads, mostly dual carriageway and pretty free of traffic. Just write down this list and tick them off...this is the E80/E803 and at no point being next to this main route will you not see a sign to one of these places...

Burgos - Palencia - Valladolid - Salamanca- Caceres - Merida - Sevilla - Cadiz - Tarifa
Old Oct 24th 2017, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

as I have said we have booked places on the route Google say but will try and get on some of the so called back roads
but thanks all