Reload this Page >

schools in gandia

schools in gandia

Old Mar 12th 2012, 9:38 pm
Just Joined

andreachud is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile schools in gandia

Hello everyone!

We have just bought a house in Gandia, that we are using as a holiday home for the moment, but with a view to moving perm. next year. As we will be staying in Gandia in the 6 wk summer holiday, I am looking for a good nursery school for my 2yr old, just for a couple of days in the week...I will go mad otherwise! Also I would appreciate it if anyone could give me some info on schools, as in where the nearest international schools are to Gandia, and cost for when we do relocate. If there are any other mums in the area please say hi !
Old Mar 13th 2012, 12:03 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: schools in gandia

Originally Posted by andreachud
Hello everyone!

We have just bought a house in Gandia, that we are using as a holiday home for the moment, but with a view to moving perm. next year. As we will be staying in Gandia in the 6 wk summer holiday, I am looking for a good nursery school for my 2yr old, just for a couple of days in the week...I will go mad otherwise! Also I would appreciate it if anyone could give me some info on schools, as in where the nearest international schools are to Gandia, and cost for when we do relocate. If there are any other mums in the area please say hi !
http://www.gandia.org/web/guest/escolarizacion

http://www.gandiaturistica.com/english/spain.htm
Old Mar 13th 2012, 5:55 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone!

As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Mar 14th 2012, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone!

I'd always suggest a local Spanish school.You'll find your child will make more friends with local children.That was the case for my daughter anyway.Where are you in Gandia?
Old Mar 14th 2012, 1:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone!

I would think all the schools are closed during the summer holidays
Old Mar 14th 2012, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

littlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud of

Our little chap went to http://www.colegiolascolinas.net/colegio/ from the age of 3. He picked up Spanish straight away (at home he speaks Hungarian with his mother and English with me) and quickly made friends. The school is pretty strict and the kids are sitting at a desk from 9 till 5....its a long day. And then they have homework! Costs around 400 Euros a month plus uniform and books. Hope this is of help.
Old Mar 14th 2012, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

andreachud is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All, thanks for the information. Ideally we would like to put the children in a local school, however so many people we have spoken with have put us of for various reasons. I suppose we will just have to wait and see. We are going to be living in Marxuquera. At the moment we arejust finding our feet, so any information re. the area would be really useful......many thanks
Old Mar 15th 2012, 3:35 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All, thanks for the information. Ideally we would like to put the children in a local school, however so many people we have spoken with have put us of for various reasons. I suppose we will just have to wait and see. We are going to be living in Marxuquera. At the moment we arejust finding our feet, so any information re. the area would be really useful......many thanks
Put you off? You only mentioned one 2 year old before and said you would be in Gandia. Marxuquera is a distance from Gandia. I know people who live there and they tell me it is closed much of the year
Old Mar 15th 2012, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

littlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud of

Mmmm...I would not really say that Marxuquera is "Gandia". As Mitzyboy says, it's dead all year apart from the Summer holidays, when the Spanish move to their weekend houses. There are some expats living there but everybody tends to keep themselves to themselves (funnily enough I never met an expat from there who spoke Spanish)....but it is VERY quiet. Though we looked at properties in both Marxuquera and Barx, we decided that to really "live" in Spain (there's more to it than just oranges and the weather!) we needed to be amongst Spanish people on a day to day basis, as this meant we were "forced" to speak Spanish with our neighbors and in the local shops, and, along with the parents at the school, we quickly made friends both for ourselves and our son. Also the beach is just a pleasant 20 minute bike ride away. Marxuquera means you will be using the car a lot.
The school I highlighted is probably the "best" in Gandia, and last year ranked 3rd academically in the Valencia region. Also (and maybe an important point for you) the teaching is entirely in Spanish, as opposed to state schools where half the classes are in Valenciano.
I'm afraid that you may have to live with your madness over the Summer period, as all schools are closed.
Old Mar 16th 2012, 5:53 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlelambfound
Mmmm...I would not really say that Marxuquera is "Gandia". As Mitzyboy says, it's dead all year apart from the Summer holidays, when the Spanish move to their weekend houses. There are some expats living there but everybody tends to keep themselves to themselves (funnily enough I never met an expat from there who spoke Spanish)....but it is VERY quiet. Though we looked at properties in both Marxuquera and Barx, we decided that to really "live" in Spain (there's more to it than just oranges and the weather!) we needed to be amongst Spanish people on a day to day basis, as this meant we were "forced" to speak Spanish with our neighbors and in the local shops, and, along with the parents at the school, we quickly made friends both for ourselves and our son. Also the beach is just a pleasant 20 minute bike ride away. Marxuquera means you will be using the car a lot.
The school I highlighted is probably the "best" in Gandia, and last year ranked 3rd academically in the Valencia region. Also (and maybe an important point for you) the teaching is entirely in Spanish, as opposed to state schools where half the classes are in Valenciano.
I'm afraid that you may have to live with your madness over the Summer period, as all schools are closed.
and what's more they are closed for 3 months, more or less!!!

surely there must be some private guarderías open thouugh?
Old May 22nd 2012, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

The are nurseries in Palma and Ador you might want to consider - but again they are shut for Summer as do the schools with their 12 weeks holidays from end of June

I know Marxuquera well as we used to live there, as already said it is pretty quiet and from our experience not somewhere to live permanently especially if you have children

Good luck with your move over, any questions on the area feel free to pm me
Old Jun 28th 2012, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

TinyK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by littlelambfound
Our little chap went to http://www.colegiolascolinas.net/colegio/ from the age of 3. He picked up Spanish straight away (at home he speaks Hungarian with his mother and English with me) and quickly made friends. The school is pretty strict and the kids are sitting at a desk from 9 till 5....its a long day. And then they have homework! Costs around 400 Euros a month plus uniform and books. Hope this is of help.
Hi littlelambfound, are u currently in Budapest? Myself, hubby and I are here now but would like to move to what's now our holiday home in Bellreguard (84km from Gandia) next year. Any advice?
Old Jun 28th 2012, 9:33 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by TinyK
Hi littlelambfound, are u currently in Budapest? Myself, hubby and I are here now but would like to move to what's now our holiday home in Bellreguard (84km from Gandia) next year. Any advice?
Bellreguard is about 3 kms from Gandia, takes about 5 minutes
Old Jun 29th 2012, 4:53 am
Just Joined

TinyK is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Mitzyboy, I know where the towns are, been to the area a few times. I was looking for specific advice on moving from Budapest to Spain with child from littlelambfound, since it seems he's done this.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

Hello TinyK,
I'm presently enjoying the English rain a month, when my mighty mite visits his gran here. I shall return to Budapest around the 26th of July. If you would like to meet up and discuss our Spanish adventure, then please drop me an email address or telephone number via a private message on this forum. Talk later.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.