Car insurance

Old May 20th 2014, 10:55 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Car insurance

Was sorting out a load of paperwork and I seem to have lost the form that has to be completed when you have an accident. All I have is one in English but of course I need to have one in Spanish in the car. Where do I get another one from?

Rosemary
Old May 20th 2014, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

two tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car insurance

Originally Posted by Rosemary
Was sorting out a load of paperwork and I seem to have lost the form that has to be completed when you have an accident. All I have is one in English but of course I need to have one in Spanish in the car. Where do I get another one from?

Rosemary
I am sent a "European Accident Statement" form from my insurer in the Insurance renewal "pack" every year. It is only in English.

It does say in the instructions -

"The Continental driver will also have a similar form in his own language and it does not matter which one is completed. BUT you must ensure that you keep either the original or the copy of the completed form to send to your insurer.
Old May 20th 2014, 12:16 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Couldn't you just call your insurance company and ask for another?
Old May 20th 2014, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.cartraveldocs.com

has pdf files in a number of languages and instrctions - go to 'downloads'

I have printed versions for each country I plan to travel in my travel docs folder (as you need to have registration docs etc)

Last edited by MikeJ; May 20th 2014 at 12:55 pm.
Old May 20th 2014, 12:54 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by two tubes of toothpaste
I am sent a "European Accident Statement" form from my insurer in the Insurance renewal "pack" every year. It is only in English.

It does say in the instructions -

"The Continental driver will also have a similar form in his own language and it does not matter which one is completed. BUT you must ensure that you keep either the original or the copy of the completed form to send to your insurer.
Not had anything from my insurers since the initial pack when I joined them 8 years ago.

Originally Posted by Madridboy
Couldn't you just call your insurance company and ask for another?
Thanks, that was what I was thinking but was not sure.

Rosemary
Old May 20th 2014, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

[QUOTE=MikeJ;11267899]http://www.cartraveldocs.com

But not in Spanish unless I am not looking in the right place

Kath
Old May 20th 2014, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

two tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond repute

There's no actual need to have a copy of the European Accident Statement form in Spanish in the car.

What if an Estonian driver crashes into you in the middle of Malaga ? Which form do you fill in ? Are you going to fill in a Spanish EAS form which neither of you understands to send to your English insurer and him to his Estonian insurer ?

I've looked at the EAS documents on the site MikeJ helpfully pointed out, and they are all the same, with all the boxes in the same places, only with different languages.

So in the event of a bump, you put the forms side by side, fill out only one of them, with the both of you understanding which each box means, then you take either the original or the carbon copy from underneath (it's in two sheets, not available with pdf) and send it to your insurer who will understand the European standard form.

Maybe someone could tell me if it is a legal requirement here in Spain to carry an EAS in Spanish in the car ? I wouldn't have thought so.

Last edited by two tubes of toothpaste; May 20th 2014 at 2:07 pm.
Old May 20th 2014, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by two tubes of toothpaste
There's no actual need to have a copy of the European Accident Statement form in Spanish in the car.

What if an Estonian driver crashes into you in the middle of Malaga ? Which form do you fill in ? Are you going to fill in a Spanish EAS form which neither of you understands to send to your English insurer and him to his Estonian insurer ?

I've looked at the EAS documents on the site MikeJ helpfully pointed out, and they are all the same, with all the boxes in the same places, only with different languages.

So in the event of a bump, you put the forms side by side, fill out only one of them, with the both of you understanding which each box means, then you take either the original or the carbon copy from underneath (it's in two sheets, not available with pdf) and send it to your insurer who will understand the European standard form.

Maybe someone could tell me if it is a legal requirement here in Spain to carry an EAS in Spanish in the car ? I wouldn't have thought so.
I was told some time ago that although I had the English and the Spanish versions in the car that I should use the Spanish one and could use the English to aid understanding. My insurers are a Spanish company so presume that this was why but as you say the forms are the same so surely they could manage if and English one is used. Have no idea on the legal requirements and will be interested to hear people opinions.

Rosemary
Old May 20th 2014, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Kath and Ted;11267953]
Originally Posted by MikeJ
http://www.cartraveldocs.com

But not in Spanish unless I am not looking in the right place

Kath
Sorry, Try
http://european-accident-statement.accidentsketch.com/
Old May 20th 2014, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

Thanks.

I have now printed out English, Spanish and Portuguese copies (as we are on the border) ready for any eventually. Jst hope I don't need them.

Kath