Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

A bit too close for comfort?

A bit too close for comfort?

Old Feb 8th 2016, 1:17 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default A bit too close for comfort?

Spain breaks up 'IS jihadist cell' - BBC News
Old Feb 27th 2016, 5:16 pm
Just Joined

Johnmore is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A bit too close for comfort?

Indeed. Can't be entirely surprising at this point though.
Old Mar 26th 2016, 9:53 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
We live in Brussels and so we were too close for comfort, especially as we live close to the EU complex. We know 3 people who should normally have been on that train, including a family member, but each person for one reason or another changed their routine and were saved.

It a shame to see fully armed soldiers on patrol in places we like to go. Visions of 'police state'... but they are needed.

We wont change our lifestyle though, so one evening after, we were in a square, that is considered a 'target', this is where Merkel bought chips recently. And the soldiers were out. I thanked one for his involvement and I think he appreciated it.

There is a big march against fear being organised for tomorrow. I hope to see most races and religions attending.

Jon
Old Mar 27th 2016, 5:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
We live in Brussels and so we were too close for comfort, especially as we live close to the EU complex. We know 3 people who should normally have been on that train, including a family member, but each person for one reason or another changed their routine and were saved.

It a shame to see fully armed soldiers on patrol in places we like to go. Visions of 'police state'... but they are needed.

We wont change our lifestyle though, so one evening after, we were in a square, that is considered a 'target', this is where Merkel bought chips recently. And the soldiers were out. I thanked one for his involvement and I think he appreciated it.

There is a big march against fear being organised for tomorrow. I hope to see most races and religions attending.

Jon
I know how you feel. Our daughter was on the next but one train to the tube which was blown up in London on her way to work in Gower St, about 150meters from where the bus was blown up. It took her years to get over the shock, she had panic attacks when she travelled into Central London so she lost her job (discharged sick) and now lives in rural Rutland, about as far away from cities as you can get. There is a lot of unseen collateral damage from these dreadful acts.

Anyway, when we see you in CE?