Bikers Delight

Old Aug 26th 2017, 11:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

lurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bikers Delight

Brilliant list! Reflects you as a person as you got older. Too heavy for me, get something smaller and lighter, back to a big bike, no wait, back to a smaller bike, no, thats gutless and I am revving the nuts off it! Back to a bigger bike then! Glad you ended up on a champ though! Good bikes the GS range.Well done on the list, impressed.
Old Aug 27th 2017, 12:10 am
BE Enthusiast

lurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
Talking of first bikes. I was about 12 and me and my mate walking back from school football (think film Kes), we saw an old bike covered over in a garden. So after school we knocked at the house, Mr can we take your old motorbike? Aye lads it's no good but you can have it. So we pushed it 2 miles to my mates house free wheeling it down hills. We hadn't a clue the bike was seized solid after a few days we got fed up and pushed it into the river Calder. I now regret that as even for parts now it would be worth a bit as it was an Ariel Square 4! After that we scrounged an NSU Quickly which was first bike that ran I rode. From there went onto James Cadets and Frances Barnett's etc.
Hey, if you HAD got it going at such a tender age, you may not be here now! My neighbour had one fitted with a sidecar! Scariest ride I ever had, truth! Ashamed I never tried an 'proper'older british bike,the frames on
them were smallish though.Hey ho..... Freak!
Old Aug 28th 2017, 4:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lurchio
Hey, if you HAD got it going at such a tender age, you may not be here now! My neighbour had one fitted with a sidecar! Scariest ride I ever had, truth! Ashamed I never tried an 'proper'older british bike,the frames on
them were smallish though.Hey ho..... Freak!
The T100c I have as you say by comparison with modern bikes very small. I remember when I was an apprentice myself and a group of lads from work going for a ride out to Whitby. It was the 1st of August 1971 which was a Sunday. We had to wait as one of the lads was picking up a brand new Tiger 100 with the new August 1 registration. He only got it being a Sunday and back then everywhere closed because his wealthy dad pulled strings. I remember seeing him turn up on what seemed a huge bike to me back then lovely gleaming chrome and purple. I thought I wish I could afford a big bike like that. When I got my T100c it now seems tiny and not large at all. Still love tootling around on it and it sounds great.
Old Sep 1st 2017, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Imagine being a child of the late 50's like me, you are drooling over bikes as you grow up but you just can't fit on them!!!! That's why I have always enjoyed BMW's....... Anyway, found a pic of my FJ1200 3xw model, I had it for a good while. Turbine smooth, really enjoyed it and toured France on it twice. Fantastic engine.

Also my BMW R1200RT, beautiful bike, unfortunately a Taxi driver decided to do a U turn right in front of me one morning, and it ended up going down a gas main excavation at the side of the road. I landed on a big pile of the excavated earth above the hole, Lady Luck loved me that day!!!
Attached Thumbnails Bikers Delight-fj-pic-1.jpg   Bikers Delight-img001.jpg  
Old Sep 1st 2017, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorry, my bikes are always 'bullshit' shiny, its my background in the 'plod' (Traffic , 23 years!)
Old Oct 5th 2017, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Just thought I'd let you know that there is a new Bikers bar, restaurant opened up in Benidorm

It's called "Hijos de Ruta" and it's full of memorabilia and a full bike suspended from the ceiling! They have a Facebook site.

They also have a place with the same name in Calpe.

I'm not associated with the Hijos de Ruta in any way just passing the word if anybody is thinking of venues for a ride out

Steve
Old Oct 6th 2017, 3:41 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the heads up.

Addresses: Calle Juan Llorca, 1A, 03503 Benidorm, Alicante, Spain
Avinguda Jaume I el Conqueridor, 1, 03710 Calp, Alacant, Spain

Last edited by missile; Oct 6th 2017 at 3:43 pm.