Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Andalusian drivers

Andalusian drivers

Old May 18th 2014, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute
Default Andalusian drivers

After having been verbally abused for cutting a corner entering a one way street by someone coming the wrong way out of it, I feel I should vent my opinions of Andalusian drivers. Having driven all over Europe, N. Africa and Asia, I have a fair opinion of driving standards. Turkey and Istanbul/Ankara were poor along with Naples and Palermo. These paled into nothing compared to 2 yrs in Cairo and Upper Egypt especially at night. The worst without any doubt excluding Andalusia was Yemen. Yemen was the ultimate drivers nightmare especially on Thursday afternoons with most of the male population high on Quat. Andalusia beats them all, I don't know what they are high on but their driving skills and courtesy are are lunar, so high are they that their wheels don't touch the road.( Sundays is worst of all) I used to think they got their driving lessons in Sanaa but they probably have Yemeni instructors. The women are worst of all, Obviously the chauvanist instructors cut out the finesse from the instruction so that the level is the basest possible..................
M
Old May 18th 2014, 10:04 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andalusian drivers

Originally Posted by Maybe1day
After having been verbally abused for cutting a corner entering a one way street by someone coming the wrong way out of it, I feel I should vent my opinions of Andalusian drivers. Having driven all over Europe, N. Africa and Asia, I have a fair opinion of driving standards. Turkey and Istanbul/Ankara were poor along with Naples and Palermo. These paled into nothing compared to 2 yrs in Cairo and Upper Egypt especially at night. The worst without any doubt excluding Andalusia was Yemen. Yemen was the ultimate drivers nightmare especially on Thursday afternoons with most of the male population high on Quat. Andalusia beats them all, I don't know what they are high on but their driving skills and courtesy are are lunar, so high are they that their wheels don't touch the road.( Sundays is worst of all) I used to think they got their driving lessons in Sanaa but they probably have Yemeni instructors. The women are worst of all, Obviously the chauvanist instructors cut out the finesse from the instruction so that the level is the basest possible..................
M
I do sympathise with this post but you should have seen it 15 years ago - it's improved immensely in that time.
Old May 19th 2014, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato
I do sympathise with this post but you should have seen it 15 years ago - it's improved immensely in that time.
Really? in the last 8 that I have been here, it seems to have got worse.
Just gotta move to Catalonia and civilisation. Anyone wanna buy a house on the CdS sea views??
M
Old May 20th 2014, 8:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Really? in the last 8 that I have been here, it seems to have got worse.
Just gotta move to Catalonia and civilisation. Anyone wanna buy a house on the CdS sea views??
M
Remember depending on the time of year, 50% of people driving on the roads in the Costa del sol won't be Andalucian!

Seriously though, I never throught the driving was that bad. You just have to expect anything and react accordingly. It's not particularly dangerous though

I'm driving down there in a few weeks time, lets see if it seems worse now that I've been living in the civilised North for a while!
Old May 20th 2014, 9:04 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

I shall be driving down there at the same time...take care
Old May 22nd 2014, 4:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jackytoo
I shall be driving down there at the same time...take care
I hope you don't "Accidentally" Hmm hmm, meet up.......
M
Old May 22nd 2014, 5:46 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Why has this finished up in PDT
Old May 22nd 2014, 8:52 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato

Indeed it has improved immensely in recent years.

I like to put it down to the more courteous approach of N.Eu drivers having rubbed off on them, but no doubt stiffer regulations much more enforced these days have had a distinct effect.

Fear not I just watched driverless cars being tested on Spanish TV.

Now lets hope they can programme them safely, as I have visions of them going down one way streets in opposite directions.
Old May 22nd 2014, 8:54 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Why has this finished up in PDT
You've obviously never been involved in road rage Spanish style.
Old May 22nd 2014, 11:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

PDT?
Old May 23rd 2014, 12:32 am
On the road again.

PDT?
Plaza de Toros, (bullring).
The section above reserved for controversial topics,
....though I wouldn't have thought it so controversial myself, unless of course a few Andalucian would-be Fernando Alonsos happen to turn up.
Old May 23rd 2014, 12:42 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

PDT?
Playa de Toros ,which is where the thread was started.

I can move if you wish. Up to you entirely.
Old May 23rd 2014, 5:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS

I can move if you wish. Up to you entirely.
The local police tell me, they let a lot of things go, unless its too obvious because the Spanish drivers are in the majority retarded.

Its just one/two coppers view.
Old May 23rd 2014, 8:18 am
On the road again.

Originally Posted by BEVS
Didn't know they had "bullfighting" on the beach.

Sounds quite interesting though.
Old May 23rd 2014, 8:40 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Didn't know they had "bullfighting" on the beach.

Sounds quite interesting though.
I've got this picture in my mind of bikini clad matadors - could be quite popular.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.