Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

CANADA-------NOT A GOOD PLACE.............

CANADA-------NOT A GOOD PLACE.............

Old Mar 26th 2002, 4:05 am
Zo

Default CANADA-------NOT A GOOD PLACE.............

Fellow

if you are planning to move in Canada, Think again. No jobs in Canada at all except
in fast food restaurant( 7$/hr). Thousand of Engineer and Ph.d holder are jobless,
who had a very nice career back home. And computer professional will be in limbo for
not having so called Canadian Exp. In nutshell Canada in Sucks for high tech Job. And
hidden racism is very strong here.So be careful, don't lost in Canadian
Dreams........!!!!

TEST-Zo

../..

Default Re: CANADA-------NOT A GOOD PLACE.............

is this true or are you just bitter from your own experience?

I have my landing papers and work as a software engineer. This is not very
encouraging.

../..

"Zo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Fellow
    >
    > if you are planning to move in Canada, Think again. No jobs in Canada at all except
    > in fast food restaurant( 7$/hr). Thousand of Engineer and Ph.d holder are jobless,
    > who had a very nice career back home. And computer professional will be in limbo
    > for not having so called Canadian Exp. In nutshell Canada in Sucks for high tech
    > Job. And hidden racism is very strong here.So be careful, don't lost in Canadian
    > Dreams........!!!!
    >
    >
    > TEST-Zo

James Fowler

This is not my experience at all (although I don't have a Ph.D).

> Fellow
    >
    > if you are planning to move in Canada, Think again. No jobs in Canada at all except
    > in fast food restaurant( 7$/hr). Thousand of Engineer and Ph.d holder are jobless,
    > who had a very nice career back home. And computer professional will be in limbo
    > for not having so called Canadian Exp. In nutshell Canada in Sucks for high tech
    > Job. And hidden racism is very strong here.So be careful, don't lost in Canadian
    > Dreams........!!!!
    >
    >
    > TEST-Zo

Jalal Kureshi

Sorry to say this but judging by your post, maybe you need to change your approach. I
understand the frustration you may be going thru, as I know some people, very close
to me, who have been thru it all and have at the same time supported their families.
But you are forgetting the most important reason why people come to
Canada.....Opportunities!! and Standard of life...to name a few You will not find
these opportunities in your country of birth......so for the long run you have to
realistically weigh your options and plan ....becuase for every plan there must be a
back out plan or an alternative to prepare for the worst case senario. In addition
please do not use this channel for venting your frustrations. best of luck,

> Fellow
    >
    > Dreams........!!!!
    >
    >
    > TEST-Zo

Greg Del Pilar

There had been many posts in this newsgroup from very qualified people saying they
can't find a job in IT. I suggest you investigate thoroughly and weigh all your
options carefully.

"../.." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > is this true or are you just bitter from your own experience?
    >
    > I have my landing papers and work as a software engineer. This is not very
    > encouraging.
    >
    > ../..
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > "Zo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Fellow
    > >
    > > if you are planning to move in Canada, Think again. No jobs in Canada at all
    > > except in fast food restaurant( 7$/hr). Thousand of Engineer and Ph.d holder are
    > > jobless, who had a very nice career back home. And computer professional will be
    > > in limbo for not having so called Canadian Exp. In nutshell Canada in Sucks for
    > > high tech Job. And hidden racism is very strong here.So be careful, don't lost in
    > > Canadian Dreams........!!!!
    > >
    > >
    > > TEST-Zo

David

Default Racism??? Dont think so

Canada is a great coutry for newcomers.Dont expect people opening al the doors for
you, just be patient and you will get what you deserve.I know is hard for IT gusy but
what do you expect? It`s hard everywhere for them nowadays, so dont blame it on Canda
If you are just pessimistic, or you have had hard times back in your country trusting
people or your government , you might end up talking about "racism".I`ll call that
frustration, and is all in your headBy the way,I arrived to Canada 2 years ago, on my
own and all my new friends are canadians.And in case that you are wondering , I`m not
white. "James Fowler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > This is not my experience at all (although I don't have a Ph.D).
    >
    > > Fellow
    > >
    > > if you are planning to move in Canada, Think again. No jobs in Canada at all
    > > except in fast food restaurant( 7$/hr). Thousand of Engineer and Ph.d holder are
    > > jobless, who had a very nice career back home. And computer professional will be
    > > in limbo for not having so called Canadian Exp. In nutshell Canada in Sucks for
    > > high tech Job. And hidden racism is very strong here.So be careful, don't lost in
    > >
    > >
    > > TEST-Zo

James Fowler

Default Re: Racism??? Dont think so

Please be careful who you 'reply' to. You're taking issue with me rather than with
the original poster.

"David" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Canada is a great coutry for newcomers.Dont expect people opening al the doors for
    > you, just be patient and you will get what you deserve.I know is hard for IT gusy
    > but what do you expect? It`s hard everywhere for them nowadays, so dont blame it on
    > Canda If you are just pessimistic, or you
have
    > had hard times back in your country trusting people or your government , you might
    > end up talking about "racism".I`ll call that frustration, and is all in your headBy
    > the way,I arrived to Canada 2 years ago, on my own and all my new friends are
    > canadians.And in case that you are wondering ,
I`m
    > not white. "James Fowler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > This is not my experience at all (although I don't have a Ph.D).
    > >
    > > "Zo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Fellow
    > > >
    > > > if you are planning to move in Canada, Think again. No jobs in Canada at all
    > > > except in fast food restaurant( 7$/hr). Thousand of Engineer and Ph.d holder
    > > > are jobless, who had a very nice career back home. And computer professional
    > > > will be in limbo for not having so called Canadian Exp. In nutshell Canada in
    > > > Sucks for high tech Job. And hidden racism is very strong here.So be careful,
    > > > don't lost in Canadian Dreams........!!!!
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > TEST-Zo
    > >
    >

Old Mar 27th 2002, 3:51 am
Idleflower

Zo spewed forth..
    > Fellow
    >
    > Dreams........!!!!
    >
    >
    > TEST-Zo
    >

it helps to have contacts. i already have people interested in employing me once i've
been granted my employment authorisation (i'm applying from within). the jobs aren't
the greatest, but then again i'm not going to Canada to better myself financially so
it doesn't really matter whether i'm in the highest paying job or the most
prestigious.

however, i'd hope that anyone who does work in IT or any other industry where there
seem to be a lack of jobs had done some homework *before* applying. seems a bit silly
to just assume you're gonna land on your feet.

Old Mar 27th 2002, 3:51 am
Languid

On 25 Mar 2002 13:05:39 -0800, [email protected] (Zo) wrote:

>Fellow
    >
    >if you are planning to move in Canada, Think again. No jobs in Canada at all except
    >in fast food restaurant( 7$/hr). Thousand of Engineer and Ph.d holder are jobless,
    >who had a very nice career back home. And computer professional will be in limbo for
    >not having so called Canadian Exp. In nutshell Canada in Sucks for high tech Job.
    >And hidden racism is very strong here.So be careful, don't lost in Canadian
    >Dreams........!!!!
    >
    >
    >TEST-Zo

Hey Zo,

Settle down Ok, new immigrants are not the only persons suffering for lack of livable
employment opportunities in Canada. I am a 10th generation in Canada that goes back
to the May Flower colony.

I agree with you in your observations, that things are looking very ugly for IT and
Engineer professionals in Canada. But this goes beyond Canada's border, because the
same situation is being expressed by many people in all countries in the world. It
seems you immigrated to Canada at the worst possible time. You should not be blaming
Canada for the current situation, because this is a world wide situation.

It is true that many highly trained immigrants are currently working in minimum
salary jobs. It is also true that Canada has a racism problem and I hope one day
soon, in the near future, this stupidity and insecurity will be eliminated.

Canada, in it self, does not SUCK. Perhaps you need to go back in time, and question
why you initially decided to immigrate to Canada. Was it for the lifestyle and
greater freedom, or was it for money and prosperity, or both? If it was mainly for
money and prosperity, then you need to realize that these things are not handed out
to you on silver platter (free). Prosperity and Freedom go hand-in-hand, you can not
separate these basic fundamental values of Western culture.

Maybe by 2003, and if the Bush Corporation decides to invade Canada, things will get
brighter for you in the future. *grin*

Good luck,

Languid

Old Mar 27th 2002, 3:52 am
Chanhing

Don't be put off by this experience. Look at tor.jobs, ont.jobs and can.jobs on this
forum (www.dejanews.com) and see the IT jobs. Also look on www.workopolis.com.

It is due to the current economic climate after 11 Sept, that some companies are not
hiring. I arrived in Canada with no Canadian experience, went to a whole string of
recruitment agencies, and found a job within one month! Applying direct to companies,
I got no replies whatsoever to my applications, but walking the streets of Toronto
and going into the agencies was successful.

Don't give up, immigration isn't a game, but for those with guts and perseverance,
they reap the benefits of a wonderful Canada (I myself am part of a minority group).
Multinationals have no discrimination at all in the workplace.

Look at Adrienee Clarke!

Zo

"Jalal Kureshi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. ca>...
    > Sorry to say this but judging by your post, maybe you need to change your
    > approach. I understand the frustration you may be going thru, as I know some
    > people, very close to me, who have been thru it all and have at the same time
    > supported their families. But you are forgetting the most important reason why
    > people come to Canada.....Opportunities!! and Standard of life...to name a few You
    > will not find these opportunities in your country of birth......so for the long
    > run you have to realistically weigh your options and plan ....becuase for every
    > plan there must be a back out plan or an alternative to prepare for the worst case
    > senario. In addition please do not use this channel for venting your frustrations.
    > best of luck,

--That's not only me who is frustated, I can give you thousand name. But we should
let know other who likes to migrate in canada for better opportunity. Canada is good
for Refuges from War torn countries BUT NOT FOT PROFESSIONAL PEOPLE WHO HAS A NICE
JOB IN HIS OWN COUNTRY.......!!!!

>
    >
    >
    > > Fellow
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > TEST-Zo

Languid

On 26 Mar 2002 19:22:48 -0800, [email protected] (Zo) wrote:

>"Jalal Kureshi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:<[email protected] .ca>...
    >> Sorry to say this but judging by your post, maybe you need to change your
    >> approach. I understand the frustration you may be going thru, as I know some
    >> people, very close to me, who have been thru it all and have at the same time
    >> supported their families. But you are forgetting the most important reason why
    >> people come to Canada.....Opportunities!! and Standard of life...to name a few You
    >> will not find these opportunities in your country of birth......so for the long
    >> run you have to realistically weigh your options and plan ....becuase for every
    >> plan there must be a back out plan or an alternative to prepare for the worst case
    >> senario. In addition please do not use this channel for venting your frustrations.
    >> best of luck,
    >
    >--That's not only me who is frustated, I can give you thousand name. But we should
    >let know other who likes to migrate in canada for better opportunity. Canada is good
    >for Refuges from War torn countries BUT NOT FOT PROFESSIONAL PEOPLE WHO HAS A NICE
    >JOB IN HIS OWN COUNTRY.......!!!!
    >

"HIS OWN COUNTRY.......!!!!"? What is that supposed to mean? Are you not a Canadian
citizen? If you are, then Canada is "your country". Where did you come from? What
profession are you? I think you have answered your problem yourself... go back to
"YOUR COUNTRY!!!".

bye bye

>>
    >>
    >>
    >> "Zo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]...
    >> > Fellow
    >> >
    >> > if you are planning to move in Canada, Think again. No jobs in Canada at all
    >> > except in fast food restaurant( 7$/hr). Thousand of Engineer and Ph.d holder are
    >> > jobless, who had a very nice career back home. And computer professional will be
    >> > in limbo for not having so called Canadian Exp. In nutshell Canada in Sucks for
    >> > high tech Job. And hidden racism is very strong here.So be careful, don't lost
    >> > in Canadian Dreams........!!!!
    >> >
    >> >
    >> > TEST-Zo