Huge news on PASSMARK from DIMIA !!

Old Apr 1st 2004, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steven O'Neil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PASSMARK is from 14/4/ - Huge News !!

Hi All

I just received the following information from DIMIA ...

1) Is the 120 passmark in effect as of yesterday ?
NO - THE PASSMARK DOES NOT TAKE EFFECT UNTIL IT IS GAZETTED. GAZETTAL DATE
IS 14 APRIL
2) Does it effect existing applications ?
IT WILL AFFECT ANY APPLICATION LODGED ON OR AFTER 14 APRIL
3) Does the concession for student graduates of only having to meet 115,
also cover those students who apply for a 136 instead of the normal 880 ?
NO THE CONCESSION IS ONLY FOR STUDENTS APPLYING DOWN THE 880 PATH.
4) Is there any change to the 138 passmark ?
NO CHANGE THERE. THE CHANGES ONLY AFFECT INDEPENDENT SUBCLASSES.

Cheers
Steven O'Neil
Perth
www.iscah.com

Last edited by Steven O'Neil; Apr 1st 2004 at 11:26 pm.
Old Apr 1st 2004, 10:34 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Huge news on PASSMARK from DIMIA !!

Originally posted by Steven O'Neil
Hi All

IS 14 APRIL

Cheers
Steven O'Neil
Perth
www.iscah.com
That should put a few minds at rest
Old Apr 1st 2004, 10:45 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by biggy
That should put a few minds at rest
Well, we're screwed along with the rest of the severely disappointed masses, as we only have 115 points! It's ironic that I should receive this news in the same week that I received a positive ACS skills assessment.

We could consider the regional "bush" visa but it seems to me that 5,000 places will be filled up pretty quickly and I can't help thinking that not having permanent residency status will have drawbacks??

Oh well...BUGGER!!!!!!
Old Apr 1st 2004, 10:47 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

IS 14 APRIL

Cheers
Steven O'Neil
Perth
www.iscah.com

so the change is the 14th of April then?
Old Apr 1st 2004, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi DunRoaminTheUK

So you need to lodge the application BEFORE 14th of April then the passmark does not affect you.

Regards

Steven O'Neil
Perth
www.iscah.com
Old Apr 1st 2004, 10:53 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Hi DunRoaminTheUK

So you need to lodge the application BEFORE 14th of April then the passmark does not affect you.

Regards

Steven O'Neil
Perth
www.iscah.com
Yeah, but I was waiting until after our wedding (I have a fiancee in the bargain too ) on 22nd April to submit. As I understand it, applying as de-facto can be harder to prove and I haven't even begun to fill in any paperwork yet?

I have asked George for advice on this matter? Maybe I can get it all together a a de-facto relationship 136 by mid-weeK?

Cheers.
Old Apr 1st 2004, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

I would lodge now and then add your partner on later after the marriage. Unless you need to include her spouse points, in which case talk to George ..

Cheers
Steven O'Neil
Perth
www.iscah.com
Old Apr 1st 2004, 11:03 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

I would lodge now and then add your partner on later after the marriage. Unless you need to include her spouse points, in which case talk to George ..

Cheers
Steven O'Neil
Perth
www.iscah.com
Thanks for the reply.

No, don't need her points as she can't claim any for skill.
Is it an easy thing to add her after the application lodgement? Do I still need to refer to her on the main application form?

Cheers again...
Old Apr 1st 2004, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

It is a simple process to add a person to an application ONCE SHE BECOMES PART OF YOUR FAMILY UNIT. So that will happen when either you have lived together 12 months defacto or have married her. So you could add her details say a month after lodgement.

Regards

Steven O'Neil
Perth
www.iscah.com
Old Apr 1st 2004, 11:08 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

It is a simple process to add a person to an application ONCE SHE BECOMES PART OF YOUR FAMILY UNIT. So that will happen when either you have lived together 12 months defacto or have married her. So you could add her details say a month after lodgement.

Regards

Steven O'Neil
Perth
www.iscah.com
Thanks Steven.

You've brought a suicidal man bank from the brink!

Cheers.
Old Apr 1st 2004, 11:29 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

One last thing Steven, even though I need to state that I am engaged on the 47SK application, do I need to make any further reference to my partner as she will not be my spouse at time of lodgement?

I take it, once we are married there is no need to provide any evidence (apart from the marriage certificate/licence) of our relationship (say, in the form of statutory declarations etc)? Is the marriage certificate and change of name (passport) sufficient to satisfy DIMIA (at a later date)?

Cheers again.
Old Apr 1st 2004, 11:56 pm
Michael Hoffman

biggy <member18869@british_expats.com> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> That should put a few
    > minds at rest
    >
    >

Except the poor folks who were hoping to possibly still get their
application in before July 1. Now they have 2 weeks left.

I really feel for all those who must now feel like they simultaneously got
gut-punched and the rug pulled out from underneath them.

Mike

--
Am I the only one who's noticed that the discovery of the accelerating
expansion of the universe coincides with the discovery that more than half
of email, and rising, is now spam?

Old Apr 1st 2004, 11:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

I would attach a short note to say that you are going to get married on such and such a date and you will then be sending in your marriage certificate AND evidence of the relationship. You still need substantial evidence of this even if you are married.

Regards

Steven O'Neil
Perth
www.iscah.com
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

abhibhanu will become famous soon enough

Dear Steven
will these changes affect the existing 139 SDAS visas holders who already validated their visas and staying out of OZ for a while? Should these people go back to their respective states and start living? Any ideas on this please?
with regards
bhanu
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 5:46 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

I would attach a short note to say that you are going to get married on such and such a date and you will then be sending in your marriage certificate AND evidence of the relationship. You still need substantial evidence of this even if you are married.

Regards

Steven O'Neil
Perth
www.iscah.com
Thanks Steven.

Do I need to submit the substantial evidence when I submit the main 47SK or should I put that stuff in when I send in a change of circumstances form later on? What classifies as "substantial" evidence?

Cheers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.