Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nowhere stranger than Nundle...

Nowhere stranger than Nundle...

Old Mar 31st 2004, 12:29 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nowhere stranger than Nundle...

Now we all know I love Nundle. It's a unique place, and here's why...

http://www.dog-e-data.com.au/Specials/nundle_2002.htm

Short of something to do in Oz at the beginning of May? Then look no further than the Great Nundle Dog Race.
Old Mar 31st 2004, 1:04 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nowhere stranger than Nundle...

Originally posted by bundy
Now we all know I love Nundle. It's a unique place, and here's why...

http://www.dog-e-data.com.au/Specials/nundle_2002.htm

Short of something to do in Oz at the beginning of May? Then look no further than the Great Nundle Dog Race.
Gotta love the hat!!!!!
Old Mar 31st 2004, 1:05 pm
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Even the dogs wear em too in Nundle

Old Mar 31st 2004, 1:07 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Gotta love the hat!!!!!
Scary thing is that I know most of these people, and they will one day be my neighbours!!!

Mr Bundy's half sister is knocking about in that lot somewhere and I think there's a picture of my dog...
Old Mar 31st 2004, 1:10 pm
Rocket Scientist

Scary thing is that I know most of these people, and they will one day be my neighbours!!!

Mr Bundy's half sister is knocking about in that lot somewhere and I think there's a picture of my dog...
Even scarier is that you will be related to a heap of them soon too
Old Mar 31st 2004, 1:10 pm
She's a bird, you know

Just to prove that cowboys are still alive and kicking in Nundle...

Our mate Nathan
Attached Thumbnails Nowhere stranger than Nundle...-nathan.jpg  
Old Mar 31st 2004, 1:12 pm
She's a bird, you know

And a typical view of the main drag in Nundle...
Attached Thumbnails Nowhere stranger than Nundle...-nundle-horse-riders.jpg  
Old Mar 31st 2004, 1:12 pm
Rocket Scientist

I dont have any pics of me when I was a country girl scanned on the puter.

But thats probably a good thing, so I wont be embarrassed by them
Old Mar 31st 2004, 1:13 pm
She's a bird, you know

Even scarier is that you will be related to a heap of them soon too
Okay, now you're frightening me. At least I'm doing my bit to dilute the gene pool...
Old Mar 31st 2004, 1:15 pm
She's a bird, you know

I dont have any pics of me when I was a country girl scanned on the puter.

But thats probably a good thing, so I wont be embarrassed by them

I've got plenty, but not here...except this one (I'm up the back)
Attached Thumbnails Nowhere stranger than Nundle...-horses.jpg  
Old Mar 31st 2004, 1:16 pm
Rocket Scientist

Okay, now you're frightening me. At least I'm doing my bit to dilute the gene pool...
Now now, this is Nundle - its not so much a gene pool, as a gene puddle, now is it?
Old Mar 31st 2004, 1:19 pm
She's a bird, you know

Now now, this is Nundle - its not so much a gene pool, as a gene puddle, now is it?
You say that, but there is a strong tradition of Nundle men going far afield to bag a woman and there are people from all over the world living there, strange place that it is.

Mr Bundy's grandfather told Mr Bundy's dad never to marry a pomme, as he had done. So Mr BUndy's dad went right ahead and married one. Mr Bundy's dad then told Mr Bundy never to marry a pomme. So what's he done? Gone and proposed to one!!!
Old Mar 31st 2004, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Do they have a tourist board in Nundle (silly question!) You should set one up if they don't and get commission for the number of plugs you give it!

I for one would love to check this place out sometime when I get to Oz - although with a 5.5hr drive they better have a nice 4 star hotel with jacuzzi for when I get there
Old Mar 31st 2004, 1:25 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by sjn2003
Do they have a tourist board in Nundle (silly question!) You should set one up if they don't and get commission for the number of plugs you give it!

I for one would love to check this place out sometime when I get to Oz - although with a 5.5hr drive they better have a nice 4 star hotel with jacuzzi for when I get there
I think I might actually be the tourist board...I should charge commission, but I'm just happy that they allow me to drink in the pub.

In actual fact, there is a 5 star guesthouse in Nundle, occasionally frequented by politicians and the like. Don't think it has a jacuzzi, but you can whack golf balls off the back verrandah and the go for miles! Check out the link http://www.nundle.info/guesthouse/jenkins/
Old Mar 31st 2004, 1:25 pm
Rocket Scientist

You say that, but there is a strong tradition of Nundle men going far afield to bag a woman and there are people from all over the world living there, strange place that it is.

Mr Bundy's grandfather told Mr Bundy's dad never to marry a pomme, as he had done. So Mr BUndy's dad went right ahead and married one. Mr Bundy's dad then told Mr Bundy never to marry a pomme. So what's he done? Gone and proposed to one!!!
Id be worried about that family tradition if I were you! LOL

I'll see what pics I can pull out tommorrow, then you can have a good laugh

sjn, the jacuzzi is when you sit in the waterhole out the back & ........ ahhh never mind

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.