Front - Im stuck in my ways
78.13%
Top - I wanna wash aussie stylee.
21.88%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

The top or front saga.

Old Nov 10th 2003, 9:28 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default The top or front saga.

Washing machines.

Now.....the wife is adamant that aussie top loaders are the way to go. I am a front loader man. Which is best?

I mean. Her only argument for a top loader is that you can put a sock in if you drop it, once its started. How often do you drop a sock i ask you!!

However.......WHY oh why are frontloaders so expensive down under!?!

Gawd. What on earth am i on; asking about washing machines
Old Nov 10th 2003, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

xpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nice
Default Re: The top or front saga.

Well - I was all set to buy a top loader but was convinced by the salesman to buy a front loader because they are more eccomical with water and also don't mangle your clothes so much.
That's my exciting story anyway !
Old Nov 10th 2003, 10:01 am
Home in 2010.

The Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really nice

Originally posted by PeteY
Washing machines.

Oh Petey I think you need to get the fishing rods out and stare at the bright blue yonder, but as for Top and front, I am a front loader myself. But why oh why do they all run on cold water. IMHO it just does not get your whites white.....
Old Nov 10th 2003, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

We brought our front loader with us. Runs ok, but sometimes doesn't spin as fast as it did back home or so it seems.

We definately buy a top when this one "dies"

Gill
Old Nov 10th 2003, 10:09 am
owieb

Originally posted by PeteY
Washing machines.

Now.....the wife is adamant that aussie top loaders are the way to go. I am a front loader man. Which is best?

I mean. Her only argument for a top loader is that you can put a sock in if you drop it, once its started. How often do you drop a sock i ask you!!

However.......WHY oh why are frontloaders so expensive down under!?!

We hired a top loader for 14 months until our front loader came out, I really did not get on with the top loader, it was awful at washing clothes.

Several of our items got trashed by getting wrapped round the main spindle (even if they went in wash bags) and it did use loads of water. However I did drop a sock on the floor once and just opened the lid and popped it back in again, what a life saving feature that is!

Now that the front loader is here, my washing days are made so much easier, infact I saved some of my most smelly socks for when it arrived so it could show the top loader how it's done!

I'm a front loading man all the way!

Old Nov 10th 2003, 10:10 am
WBB

we are going to buy a new front loader before we go, if we have to pay tax on arrival so be it, but at least we should have a few years out of it.

Old Nov 10th 2003, 10:16 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't care either way till this evening, when The Bloke calmly informed me that this top loader thing has a habit of shredding stuff round the centre pole, and I shouldn't put in anything I care about!!! Whats the point of having a washing machine at all if you end up doing most of it by hand!
Old Nov 10th 2003, 10:19 am
WBB

Originally posted by Pollyana
I didn't care either way till this evening, when The Bloke calmly informed me that this top loader thing has a habit of shredding stuff round the centre pole, and I shouldn't put in anything I care about!!! Whats the point of having a washing machine at all if you end up doing most of it by hand!

exactly, no delicates or anything fragile can go in there.....what is the point.

gawd what am i doing complaining about washing machines.....i dont even know where we keep ours

Old Nov 10th 2003, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

delboy is an unknown quantity at this point

we had a top loader in the house we rented and i didnt like it as much as things what were at the bottom of machine didnt get that clean,i dont think there,s enough movment of the clothes like a front loader bye ali delboys wife
Old Nov 10th 2003, 10:37 am
tennisoz

Originally posted by welshboybilly
exactly, no delicates or anything fragile can go in there.....what is the point.

gawd what am i doing complaining about washing machines.....i dont even know where we keep ours
Welshboybilly - I wish that you would go get a life. Don't you have anything better to do than post to this forum? Oh and by the way I think that you are a jerk so please don't send me private messages.

Old Nov 10th 2003, 10:42 am
Ev'n'John

We've hired a top-loader for a month until our machine arrives from the UK. The washing cycle is incredibly quick - it seems to do everything in 20 minutes (which would have taken our front-loader machine well over an hour?). But some of our clothes are beginning to look a bit frayed at the edges!

Old Nov 10th 2003, 10:42 am
Badge

Originally posted by tennisoz
Welshboybilly - I wish that you would go get a life. Don't you have anything better to do than post to this forum? Oh and by the way I think that you are a jerk so please don't send me private messages.

bit harsh!??? Mate in fact, very harsh!! WBB was just joining in the anti-top load corner - which many have! Anyway - never mind.

I'm big on keeping clothes new and unfrayed - I notice that loads of English mates have clothes that look overwashed - is that because they use conditioners/after care products - we never do.

I prefer front-loaders for efficiency but top loaders for expediency. Reminds me of another "front-loader" system- which is also easier to erm, manage!!

Last edited by badgersmount; Nov 10th 2003 at 10:45 am.

Old Nov 10th 2003, 10:45 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tennisoz
Why do people have to be so offensive on this forum? WBB was just adding to the thread, his point wasn't even contentious.
Old Nov 10th 2003, 10:50 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by badgersmount
bit harsh!??? Mate in fact, very harsh!! WBB was just joining in the anti-top load corner - which many have! Anyway - never mind.
Badgers, 2 posts tonight, completely out of character, very very strange!

As for the washing machine thing, guys you can buy front loaders here, theres just a much bigger range of toploaders eg, 20 toploaders in a store & 5 frontloaders. Dont think that you cant get them. We have one (bought here in Oz), we love it!
Old Nov 10th 2003, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

young_lad is an unknown quantity at this point

To the real PeteY

I think this identity theft thing is spreading - somebody's just posted a thread about laundry in your name!
:scared:

Whoever did it was talking about front loaders and stuff.

It must be ID theft cos it's completely out of character for the real you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.