Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Per AILA -- local filing to be abolished

Per AILA -- local filing to be abolished

Old Oct 9th 2003, 7:06 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Per AILA -- local filing to be abolished

From AILA today:

" USCIS has advised AILA that within the next 3 months, and starting immediately in some districts, all new family-based filings that are sent to the USCIS local offices will be forwarded to the National Benefits Center (“NBC�, formerly known as the Missouri Service Center) for intake and initial processing, including processing of employment authorization documents (EADs) and advance paroles. USCIS indicates that this action is being taken to speed processing of those ancillary benefits and, ultimately, of the entire package. After initial processing, the adjustment applications will be returned to the local offices for interviews.

"Applications should continue to be filed at the USCIS local offices in accordance with local rules, at least until a Federal Register notice is published requiring that applications be mailed directly to the NBC.

"It appears that many districts that previously allowed in-person filing are asking that filings now be made by mail in order to facilitate this transfer. To check on local filing rules, you may wish to consult the website, where one is available, for the AILA chapter in which the local office is located. "
Old Oct 9th 2003, 7:35 pm
Wales is next to England

Gasherjohn is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Folinskyinla, I didn't expect this news!

I guess a few of us will get caught up in the changeover and the end result will be that we will all be in the same boat together going at the same speed.... faster or slower.

At least it means they are aware of the problem and trying to solve it. Well done USCIS

John
Old Oct 9th 2003, 7:39 pm
Mattias Hembruch

Default Re: Per AILA -- local filing to be abolished

In article <[email protected]>,
Folinskyinla <member@british_expats.com> wrote:
    >From AILA today:
    >" USCIS has advised AILA that within the next 3 months, and starting
    >immediately in some districts, all new family-based filings that are
    >sent to the USCIS local offices will be forwarded to the National
    >Benefits Center (“NBCâ€?, formerly known as the Missouri Service Center)
    >for intake and initial processing, including processing of employment
    >authorization documents (EADs) and advance paroles. USCIS indicates that
    >this action is being taken to speed processing of those ancillary
    >benefits and, ultimately, of the entire package. After initial
    >processing, the adjustment applications will be returned to the local
    >offices for interviews.
    >"Applications should continue to be filed at the USCIS local offices in
    >accordance with local rules, at least until a Federal Register notice is
    >published requiring that applications be mailed directly to the NBC.
    >"It appears that many districts that previously allowed in-person filing
    >are asking that filings now be made by mail in order to facilitate this
    >transfer. To check on local filing rules, you may wish to consult the
    >website, where one is available, for the AILA chapter in which the local
    >office is located. "

Ok.. So - does this have any affect on our interest to file a K-1 at the CSC
in the next week or so?

Mattias

Old Oct 9th 2003, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

nycbcis is an unknown quantity at this point

Is the new york district office affected by these changes?
they really have to wake up and get the files out of the shelves for processing instead of shavling burgers down their bellies!!!!

NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO PUT SOMEONE ELSES LIFE ON HOLD!!!
THAT'S AN ABUSE.
sorry guys i am just fuming.
aos filed at the nyc bcis on august 2001!!!!!......still waiting.
regards all.
Old Oct 9th 2003, 7:49 pm
Andy Platt

"Mattias Hembruch" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Ok.. So - does this have any affect on our interest to file a K-1 at the
CSC
    > in the next week or so?

Nope. But it will impact you eventually when your spouse files for AOS.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

> Mattias

Old Oct 9th 2003, 8:08 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Mattias,

Visa applications get filed at US consulates overseas, not at BCIS Service Centers.

Originally posted by Mattias Hembruch

Ok.. So - does this have any affect on our interest to file a K-1 at the CSC
in the next week or so?

Mattias
Old Oct 9th 2003, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
From AILA today:

" USCIS has advised AILA that within the next 3 months, and starting immediately in some districts, all new family-based filings that are sent to the USCIS local offices will be forwarded to the National Benefits Center (“NBC?E formerly known as the Missouri Service Center) for intake and initial processing, including processing of employment authorization documents (EADs) and advance paroles. USCIS indicates that this action is being taken to speed processing of those ancillary benefits and, ultimately, of the entire package. After initial processing, the adjustment applications will be returned to the local offices for interviews.

"Applications should continue to be filed at the USCIS local offices in accordance with local rules, at least until a Federal Register notice is published requiring that applications be mailed directly to the NBC.

"It appears that many districts that previously allowed in-person filing are asking that filings now be made by mail in order to facilitate this transfer. To check on local filing rules, you may wish to consult the website, where one is available, for the AILA chapter in which the local office is located. "
And so the NBC will be the new Nebraska service center.....slooooowwwwww. Sigh.
Old Oct 10th 2003, 11:14 pm
Mattias Hembruch

In article <[email protected]>, Andy Platt <[email protected]> wrote:
    >"Mattias Hembruch" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> Ok.. So - does this have any affect on our interest to file a K-1 at the
    >CSC
    >> in the next week or so?
    >Nope. But it will impact you eventually when your spouse files for AOS.

Actually, that would be ME who is the alien spouse-to-be :-)

Mattias

Old Oct 15th 2003, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

claudia13839 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by nycbcis
Is the new york district office affected by these changes?
they really have to wake up and get the files out of the shelves for processing instead of shavling burgers down their bellies!!!!

NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO PUT SOMEONE ELSES LIFE ON HOLD!!!
THAT'S AN ABUSE.
sorry guys i am just fuming.
aos filed at the nyc bcis on august 2001!!!!!......still waiting.
regards all.

Yes, the NYC district office has in fact begun the new procedure. My husband and I mailed the AOS application to NYC on 10/4/03. On October 14, 2003 we received an NOA from NBC (Missouri), stating that the processing time for I-485's is approximately 120-180 days, although I very highly doubt that.

The good thing is that they are going to be able to work on applications such as yours that have been totally neglected at the NYC district office.

I guess you would consider us lucky, but I'm not yelling victory until my husband has the actual greencard!!! You know how things are with INS, BCIS, CNIS.....whatever!!!!

~Claudia
Old Oct 15th 2003, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

GoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant future
Default Grrrrr

Well, that is REALLY a helpful change. Especially, if the Denver local BCIS office was processing the EADs the very same day when you filed AOS in person. Now I'll have to wait for several months to get the work permit. If this is what tey call "speeding up the process" than I don know... grrrr.

I was going to file in Denver in two weeks and start looking for a job. Now all I can do is to sit on my butt and wait for a reply from NBC. Way to go, BCIS!!!!!

:-(
Old Oct 16th 2003, 11:06 pm
Andy Westmoreland

"GoodGirl_J" <member@british_expats.com> wrote:
    > Well, that is REALLY a helpful change.

Seems like hell is a government intray

Andy