Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

NHS Superannuation pensions (NZ)

NHS Superannuation pensions (NZ)

Old Sep 21st 2003, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

tom's mum will become famous soon enoughtom's mum will become famous soon enough
Question NHS Superannuation pensions (NZ)

Hi,

Can anyone help me? We are emigrating to NZ and I am wondering if anyone knows if I can transfer my NHS Pension or what they have done with theirs? There must be many NHS ex employers who have emigrated, what did you do with your pension?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Helen
Old Sep 21st 2003, 2:42 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NHS Superannuation pensions (NZ)

Originally posted by tom's mum
Hi,

Can anyone help me? We are emigrating to NZ and I am wondering if anyone knows if I can transfer my NHS Pension or what they have done with theirs? There must be many NHS ex employers who have emigrated, what did you do with your pension?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Helen

hi helen,
they have a website - www.nhspa.gov.uk - you can email them through a link there, or ring them on 01253 774774.

hope this helps
sue
Old Sep 21st 2003, 3:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

HI Helen,
I called them the other day about our super ann. and the chap who I spoke to said that once you have settled in Oz(as is our case) and sorted out the superannuation company we intend to use they will then contact the NHS lot and sort out a straight transfer.

Hope this helps

Claire
Old Sep 21st 2003, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

tom's mum will become famous soon enoughtom's mum will become famous soon enough

Hi,

Many thanks for the advice. I shall give them a call.

Helen
Old Sep 21st 2003, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

Dont quote me as i havent researched this bit fully,but i heard that there was a 6 months window were you had to transfer within this timescale as if not you were wacked with loads of tax.I was aso advised to get the ball rolling before you go as it is a very lengthy process
donna
Old Sep 21st 2003, 10:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by donna
Dont quote me as i havent researched this bit fully,but i heard that there was a 6 months window were you had to transfer within this timescale as if not you were wacked with loads of tax.I was aso advised to get the ball rolling before you go as it is a very lengthy process
donna
That is for Australia, but OP is going to NZ and they have no CGT tax their and so I don't believe they would have the problem. As NZ only tax you on income and as a pension isn't generating any income their is no tax liability until you draw the pension.

I'm no expert just my opinion.