Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Hairdressing Bahrain Dubai

Hairdressing Bahrain Dubai

Old Jul 7th 2003, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

Xenjya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hairdressing Bahrain Dubai

Am currently teaching hairdressing in Singapore and looking at moving Bahrain or Dubai. Wanted some open honest feedback on life, cost of living, accomodation in comparison to Singapore Am Single, british/Oz 36, mother of master 12. Main objective is to work and save $$. at the same time place my child in a good school with good facilities. (school will not be a part of package) Ideally i want to teach hairdressing and both these two places appeal to me. Culturally I know fully what to expect. What I do want to know is, is there any similarities in social life with Singapore. What is the population of expats in Bahrain and what do the SWF do in terms of interacting socially
Old Jul 7th 2003, 7:09 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

I used to live in Singapore so I know that there is a good social life there (albeit muted compared to Hong Kong). However, I hear that Dubai also has a good social scene for expats - even the UK magazine Time Out publishes a Dubai edition, you can see parts of it on-line:

http://www.timeoutdubai.com

You might also like to check out this expat site for expat wives (mostly based in the Middle East). There is an account in the working women section from a Brit who is a beauty therapist and a messageboard, plus info re. schools etc. (There are British schools in Bahrain and Dubai. By the way, which school is your son currently attending in Singapore?).

http://www.expatmums.com (It might be a bit 'slow' on the messageboards at this time of year; it's so hot that most expat spouses return to their home countries to go on 'home-leave' for a couple of months when the schools are closed for some respite from the heat).

Personally I would rather choose Dubai over Bahrain as I think there is a little more freedom there compared to the rest of the UAE.

Good Luck!
Old Jul 16th 2004, 10:28 am
Just Joined

cocobeach is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hairdressing Bahrain Dubai

Originally posted by Xenjya
Am currently teaching hairdressing in Singapore and looking at moving Bahrain or Dubai. Wanted some open honest feedback on life, cost of living, accomodation in comparison to Singapore Am Single, british/Oz 36, mother of master 12. Main objective is to work and save $$. at the same time place my child in a good school with good facilities. (school will not be a part of package) Ideally i want to teach hairdressing and both these two places appeal to me. Culturally I know fully what to expect. What I do want to know is, is there any similarities in social life with Singapore. What is the population of expats in Bahrain and what do the SWF do in terms of interacting socially
Hi xenjya
I am french and working as a hair stylist in singapore, i do have the same envy to go in dubai, can may be see each other call me on my office 63334922 ask for sandrine.
hope to met you
see you
Old Jul 17th 2004, 8:55 am
Balushi

Originally posted by cocobeach
Hi xenjya

I am french

see you

What? They will ban you out soon.

Old Jul 18th 2004, 6:08 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by Balushi
What? They will ban you out soon.
What do you mean and who are you????
Old Jul 19th 2004, 6:14 am
Balushi

who are you????
I am Balushi.

What i mean is dat if u say something good about brits they will still bash u bcoz u r a french my ex-Gf is a french though... she never liked the brits...

R u lokin for a job in Dubai?

Old Jul 20th 2004, 12:23 pm
Just Joined

I am Balushi.

What i mean is dat if u say something good about brits they will still bash u bcoz u r a french my ex-Gf is a french though... she never liked the brits...

R u lokin for a job in Dubai?

Ok Balushi, happy to hear you!
first I am French and I don't like to speak in a bad way about nationalities because i am working in foreign countries for 6 years now.
So who want to speak with me is welcome and i am happy to know somebody else, like you!!!
second: yes i am looking for a job in Dubai, i would prefere to work in a spa in a hotel or as hairdresser teacher in a school, may be can you advice me some adresses, i really can't find about shcool when i search on the net, do you know a few beauty site?
what is your job? and where are you from? how long are you in dubai....
wait for your answer
the french girl!!!
Old Jul 21st 2004, 6:30 am
Balushi

Ok Balushi, happy to hear you!
first I am French and I don't like to speak in a bad way about nationalities because i am working in foreign countries for 6 years now.
So who want to speak with me is welcome and i am happy to know somebody else, like you!!!
second: yes i am looking for a job in Dubai, i would prefere to work in a spa in a hotel or as hairdresser teacher in a school, may be can you advice me some adresses, i really can't find about shcool when i search on the net, do you know a few beauty site?
what is your job? and where are you from? how long are you in dubai....
wait for your answer
the french girl!!!
Hi CocoBeach,

Dubai is Country where if u look on your right shoulder you will see an African Masai and on your left shoulder you will see an Eskimo.. in front of you there will be a Korean and Behind you there will be an Aussie Aboriginal! - My Point is that there are so many ppl from all over the world here and everyone is welcomed wholeheartdly. (Seeing it is believing it)

First of all, you are a French and French are the fathers of Fashion and style. (everyone knows that)

And at the moment the French are very well respected In the Arab and rest of world because of you leaders just Stand.

So to find a Job in Dubai is very Easy for you and esp the field u are in.

I would recomend you open your own Saloon (You will have a Lot of Wealthy Arab Lady customer, and these are the ppl that spent 14hrs a day in saloons)

But also on second thought you need to know the clients here so it wud be a better idea to work in a reputed Spa or Saloon for some period (u shud not care abt the salary first)

You see ppl normally go to Wella in Singapore (my hairdresser studied there) for learning such talents so its no point to be in Dubai...

There are some Fine saloons in Dubai Like Tony&Guy in Dubai... let me check more for u.

I am working in the entertainment field... I am a mix of nationalites (Oman, U.A.E, Iran, Pakistan) ... I Grew up in Dubai now its 25years today... seen everything built in front of my eyes.

Here is a Picture of me:

Last edited by Balushi; Jul 25th 2004 at 5:20 am.

Old Jul 21st 2004, 9:09 am
Just Joined

Sools is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Elite Lifestyle Services here in Dubai seem to advertise hairdressers/spa positions often, you could always contact them for more info

http://www.els-uae.com/

Beauty Salons are everywhere in Dubai with new one's opening every week so they are plently of job opportunities for you out here, whether it be a private salon or one in a shopping mall/hotel you are bound to find something to suit you.

The Expatmums website as previously mentioned is a great starting point to get an idea of cost of living etc...

All the best
Old Jul 21st 2004, 10:22 am
Balushi

Originally posted by Sools
The Expatmums website as previously mentioned is a great starting point to get an idea of cost of living etc...

All the best

that site is a place to do mum talking like which diapers to use. They are couple of Mum's living in Cocons.

Ask them who's the crown prince of Fujairah. And lemme know wat they tell you.

Old Jul 21st 2004, 10:27 am
Just Joined

How did I do?

HH President Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, Ruler of Abu Dhabi

HH Vice-President and Prime Minister Sheikh Maktoum bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Ruler of Dubai

HH Dr Sheikh Sultan bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, Ruler of Sharjah

HH Sheikh Saqr bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, Ruler of Ras al-Khaimah

HH Sheikh Rashid bin Ahmed Al Mu’alla, Ruler of Umm al-Qaiwain

HH Sheikh Humaid bin Rashid Al Nuaimi, Ruler of Ajman

HH Sheikh Hamad bin Mohammed Al Sharqi, Ruler of Fujairah

CROWN PRINCES AND DEPUTIES OF THE RULERS

HH Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, Chairman of the Executive Council of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi

HE Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Deputy Ruler of Dubai, Minister of Finance and Industry

General HE Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and Minister of Defence

HE Sheikh Sultan bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, Crown Prince and Deputy Ruler of Sharjah

HE Sheikh Khalid bin Saqr Al Qasimi, Crown Prince and Deputy Ruler of Ras al-Khaimah

HE Sheikh Saud bin Rashid Al Mu’alla, Crown Prince of Umm al-Qaiwain

HE Sheikh Ammar bin Humaid Al Nuaimi, Crown Prince of Ajman

HE Sheikh Ahmed bin Sultan Al Qasimi, Deputy Ruler of Sharjah

HE Sheikh Hamad bin Saif Al Sharqi, Deputy Ruler of Fujairah

HE Sheikh Sultan bin Saqr Al Qasimi, Deputy Ruler of Ras al-Khaimah
Old Jul 21st 2004, 11:06 am
Balushi

How did I do?

HH President Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, Ruler of Abu Dhabi

HH Vice-President and Prime Minister Sheikh Maktoum bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Ruler of Dubai

HH Dr Sheikh Sultan bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, Ruler of Sharjah

HH Sheikh Saqr bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, Ruler of Ras al-Khaimah

HH Sheikh Rashid bin Ahmed Al Mu’alla, Ruler of Umm al-Qaiwain

HH Sheikh Humaid bin Rashid Al Nuaimi, Ruler of Ajman

HH Sheikh Hamad bin Mohammed Al Sharqi, Ruler of Fujairah

CROWN PRINCES AND DEPUTIES OF THE RULERS

HH Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, Chairman of the Executive Council of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi

HE Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Deputy Ruler of Dubai, Minister of Finance and Industry

General HE Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and Minister of Defence

HE Sheikh Sultan bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, Crown Prince and Deputy Ruler of Sharjah

HE Sheikh Khalid bin Saqr Al Qasimi, Crown Prince and Deputy Ruler of Ras al-Khaimah

HE Sheikh Saud bin Rashid Al Mu’alla, Crown Prince of Umm al-Qaiwain

HE Sheikh Ammar bin Humaid Al Nuaimi, Crown Prince of Ajman

HE Sheikh Ahmed bin Sultan Al Qasimi, Deputy Ruler of Sharjah

HE Sheikh Hamad bin Saif Al Sharqi, Deputy Ruler of Fujairah

HE Sheikh Sultan bin Saqr Al Qasimi, Deputy Ruler of Ras al-Khaimah

You should mention the website. its not nice to take info like that.

Ok Ok...

Who's the Childrens Ambassador? (Children of UAE and the world)

She is from the Royal Family can you tell me the answer?

Old Jul 21st 2004, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

ok, you got me but I can't be bothered to look....not really interested but hey, nice chatting with you!
Old Jul 21st 2004, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

Hi Balushi,

First thanks a lot for your answer i do now understand why i didn't find hairdressing school in Dubai, when i red that pple from your contry come here to be trained i was shock! any way i would rather be in a lu
xurious spa i don't want any routine in my job i used to work on the cruise line compagnie in the states and i realised how is good to meet pple who are in holliday and ready to spend money!
i will check seriously .....
You are certainly right to recomanded me to open my own salon, i done it in New Caledonia it was a such good experience but to be honnest i don't know yet where i would like to stay enough long to open another one! so for now i would prefer find a good position.... if you heard about something let me know.
thank for your picture...
A bientot (see you soon!)

Hi CocoBeach,

Dubai is Country where if u look on your right shoulder you will see an African Masai and on your left shoulder you will see an Eskimo.. in front of you there will be a Korean and Behind you there will be an Aussie Aboriginal! - My Point is that there are so many ppl from all over the world here and everyone is welcomed wholeheartdly. (Seeing it is believing it)

First of all, you are a French and French are the fathers of Fashion and style. (everyone knows that)

And at the moment the French are very well respected In the Arab and rest of world because of you leaders just Stand.

So to find a Job in Dubai is very Easy for you and esp the field u are in.

I would recomend you open your own Saloon (You will have a Lot of Wealthy Arab Lady customer, and these are the ppl that spent 14hrs a day in saloons)

But also on second thought you need to know the clients here so it wud be a better idea to work in a reputed Spa or Saloon for some period (u shud not care abt the salary first)

You see ppl normally go to Wella in Singapore (my hairdresser studied there) for learning such talents so its no point to be in Dubai...

There are some Fine saloons in Dubai Like Tony&Guy in Dubai... let me check more for u.

I am working in the entertainment field... I am a mix of nationalites (Oman, U.A.E, Iran, Pakistan) ... I Grew up in Dubai now its 25years today... seen everything built in front of my eyes.

Here is a Picture of me:
Old Jul 21st 2004, 1:38 pm
Balushi

ok, you got me but I can't be bothered to look....not really interested but hey, nice chatting with you!

She is the Daughter Of His Highness Gen. Sheikh Muhammed bin Rashid Al Mak'toum Crown prince of Dubai and Defense Mininter.

She is third Child in the Family.

She came under light on DSF theme "Children of the World Meet in Dubai"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.