Bond requested.

Old Jun 20th 2003, 9:06 am
over the cuckoo's nest

Slater will become famous soon enoughSlater will become famous soon enough
Default Bond requested.

We have today received the $100000 bond request.
Can anybody recommend whether any authority is best to lodge the bond with? ie. best rates, efficiency etc. What is the best way to get the money to them? also I don't understand the request on the letter which states that we have to provide certified evidence that we have forwarded the form to a relevant authority. (Does this mean a posting receipt)?

Slater

Old Jun 20th 2003, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

wolfens_wife is an unknown quantity at this point

hi

If you look at previous posts Paul and Steph and wendy and mike they have been through the same process.

You must be celebrating today then!!!! many congratulations .... we send our meds 3 days behind yours!!!! OMG !!

Last edited by wolfens_wife; Jun 20th 2003 at 12:01 pm.
Old Jun 20th 2003, 7:10 pm
Just Joined

odsuser2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bond requested.

Originally posted by Slater
Can anybody recommend whether any authority is best to lodge the bond with? ie. best rates, efficiency etc. What is the best way to get the money to them? also I don't understand the request on the letter which states that we have to provide certified evidence that we have forwarded the form to a relevant authority. (Does this mean a posting receipt)?

Slater

Me too. I have been requested by Adelaide to claim bonus point by investment as I do not have sufficient points.

Derek.
Old Jun 20th 2003, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

gbarker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default bond

sorry I can't answer your question, but I would love to know how long you had to wait after your medicals before you were asked for the bond.
Old Jun 20th 2003, 10:14 pm
over the cuckoo's nest

Default Re: bond

Originally posted by gbarker
sorry I can't answer your question, but I would love to know how long you had to wait after your medicals before you were asked for the bond.
Medicals were sent on 22nd May, but had to wait until 10th June before we received Police checks, these were sent off the same day.

Regards

Slater
Old Jun 21st 2003, 9:17 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by odsuser2003
Me too. I have been requested by Adelaide to claim bonus point by investment as I do not have sufficient points.

Derek.
Out of interest did they ask you to claim the bonus points by investment before or after medical request?

Jo
Old Jun 21st 2003, 9:41 am
Beyond Redemption

Snitzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Slater

We went through our Bond process in March and I found the NSW the most freindly and efficient as we telephoned them all and infact the others didn't even bother to answer the phone. Lorraine Buglar at the NSW Treasurey is also very helpful if you have any questions.
As for the interest rates we didn't really compared so we can't comment because we thought they would be pretty much the same.
With the certified evidence it is a bit confusing I think we got a Proof of posting and sent that to ASPC in Adelaide with certificated copies of the forms and had no peoblems.
Hope this helps
S.
Old Jun 21st 2003, 12:01 pm
over the cuckoo's nest

Originally posted by joh117
Out of interest did they ask you to claim the bonus points by investment before or after medical request?

Jo

Dear Jo,
We had a bit of a vague job offer when we originally applied in April, so we added that if it was not acceptable to claim the extra 5 points, we would make the capital investment bond. They asked for the bond within a week of receiving medicals and Police checks.

Regards

Slater
Old Jun 22nd 2003, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

PADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to all

Slater
Hi Slater

We received our bond request 7 days after submitting police checks. Naturally medicals went earlier given that the police checks took some 50 days to arrive.

We went with SA as their rate of interest was the highest. I basically emailed the four treasuries and got a very quick response from all of them. I was very impressed with SA as we received our visa after two weeks from the date of lodging our funds.

As for the certified evidence, we basically emailed our case officer confirming the date the funds had been lodged and the name of the person from SA Treasury dealing with the matter. We also asked the person from SA Treasury to email us once funds had been received and when he did, we forwarded his email to our case officer.

I hope this helps.

Not long now!
Old Jun 22nd 2003, 8:08 am
over the cuckoo's nest

Originally posted by PADDAD
Hi Slater

We received our bond request 7 days after submitting police checks. Naturally medicals went earlier given that the police checks took some 50 days to arrive.

We went with SA as their rate of interest was the highest. I basically emailed the four treasuries and got a very quick response from all of them. I was very impressed with SA as we received our visa after two weeks from the date of lodging our funds.

As for the certified evidence, we basically emailed our case officer confirming the date the funds had been lodged and the name of the person from SA Treasury dealing with the matter. We also asked the person from SA Treasury to email us once funds had been received and when he did, we forwarded his email to our case officer.

I hope this helps.

Not long now!
Thanks,
How did you send the money to them, was it direct to SA by telegraphic transfer?

Slater
Old Jun 22nd 2003, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

PADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to all

Thanks,
How did you send the money to them, was it direct to SA by telegraphic transfer?
Slater
We received all the relevant info in the email response from SA which gives SA's account details and also the application form.

We lodged the funds through our own bank.

To add, we faxed the SA application form together with Dimias form to SA a day before we lodged the funds and then posted the originals of these off to SA.
Old Jun 22nd 2003, 11:48 am
suz
Forum Regular

suz is an unknown quantity at this point

Slater

Hi Slater,
We have just done the bond thing, we did it via the Commonwealth Bank Queen Victoria St, in London, they will advice you about opening uk and Oz bank accts in order for you to transfer the money, we went with WA, the interst rate was 4% which is ok and their treasury has close links with the commonwealth Bank (same building). Par 3 of yr bond form is the part that the treasury forwards to DIMA as a receipt, hopefuly viza arrives soon after yipee
Suz
Old Jun 22nd 2003, 1:12 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Contact details for the State and Territory Treasury Corporations are here:
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=155

Re confirming to the DIMIA that you have forwarded the form: send the form to your chosen Treasury Corporation by International Recorded Delivery and obtain a certified copy of the slip given to you by the Post Office, and send this to your case officer.

Hope this helps.

Slater