Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Uncircumcised babies in America..

Uncircumcised babies in America..

Old Jun 2nd 2003, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

chch is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Uncircumcised babies in America..

Just a heads up for parents or potential parents of baby boys...

I was quite naive when we came to the US about the high rate of routine infant circumcision here (well, it's not something I'd ever had reason to think about before!)
Sadly there are a lot of American medical professionals, including paediatricians, who have absolutely no idea how to look after an uncircumcised penis. Some of them give really BAD advice unfortunately. I've heard several horror stories from friends whose babies' foreskins were forcibly retracted by doctors and who were told that they should always retract and clean under their baby's foreskin with a cotton bud! And others who were told that because their babies' foreskins wouldn't retract (which they normally don't until toddlerhood or later), there was something seriously wrong and that they should get the baby circumcised as a matter of medical urgency.

I know it's a bit of an odd topic to be posting about, but I know there are lots of parents here so I thought I'd just pass along the info.
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 7:53 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uncircumcised babies in America..

Sorry but I think I am being a bit thick - are you saying that you should circumcise baby boys or not!

If its down to personal preference, I have been very happy with my foreskin and if I ever have a boy I will insist on him being uncircumcised.

Patrick

Originally posted by chch

I was quite naive when we came to the US about the high rate of routine infant circumcision here (well, it's not something I'd ever had reason to think about before!)
Sadly there are a lot of American medical professionals, including paediatricians, who have absolutely no idea how to look after an uncircumcised penis. Some of them give really BAD advice unfortunately. I've heard several horror stories from friends whose babies' foreskins were forcibly retracted by doctors and who were told that they should always retract and clean under their baby's foreskin with a cotton bud! And others who were told that because their babies' foreskins wouldn't retract (which they normally don't until toddlerhood or later), there was something seriously wrong and that they should get the baby circumcised as a matter of medical urgency.

I know it's a bit of an odd topic to be posting about, but I know there are lots of parents here so I thought I'd just pass along the info.
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

:scared: Oh no, I definitely DON'T think baby boys should be circumcised!!

I was just trying to warn parents that they might need to be careful about American doctors or nurses giving them misinformation since they're not so familiar with normal male anatomy here..
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

I have never seen the point of having a bit cut off before you know how long it will finally be.
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 6:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Jabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I'm certainly glad that Patrick is happy with is foreskin. Being an American, I don't have a foreskin, as most American babies are indeed circumcised. Back in my highschool days, when we would shower after Basketball practice, I noticed that every single guy there had been circumcised. In fact, I don't remember seeing any uncircumcised penises at any time in any of my gym classes going all the way back to grade school. Personally, I don't mind being circumcised. My late father was never circumcised, when he reached his 50's, his foreskin became very ridgid and grave him a great deal of pain. He often stated that he wished he had been circumcised as a an infant. Circumcision of an adult penis is torture for the male after the procedure is completed.
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 12:54 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Jabba1
Well, I'm certainly glad that Patrick is happy with is foreskin. Being an American, I don't have a foreskin, as most American babies are indeed circumcised. Back in my highschool days, when we would shower after Basketball practice, I noticed that every single guy there had been circumcised. In fact, I don't remember seeing any uncircumcised penises at any time in any of my gym classes going all the way back to grade school. Personally, I don't mind being circumcised. My late father was never circumcised, when he reached his 50's, his foreskin became very ridgid and grave him a great deal of pain. He often stated that he wished he had been circumcised as a an infant. Circumcision of an adult penis is torture for the male after the procedure is completed.

Aaaarrrggghhh, thanks for that. I am now sat here with my legs crossed - and before breakfast too! Quick Patrick think of fluffy bunnies and puppies.

I once knew a guy who was half jewish - he had two skin.

A guy goes to his Rabbi and says "I don't want to be Jewish anymore, do have any tips"

Patrick
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

jaytee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Uncircumcised babies in America..

This explains American spam e-mails.
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by jaytee

This explains American spam e-mails.
Sorry jaytee, what do you mean?
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorry jaytee, what do you mean?
"Enlargement" spam like this is sent to email boxes all over the US.

http://ceshokazindophu.roughlover.co...b7775kh&xu=pmx
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

I thought we were talking about infant care in America.

What has your "enlargement" link got to do with that?
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

I thought we were talking about infant care in America.

What has your "enlargement" link got to do with that?
You mean you don't see the link between circumcision of American penises and loads of US junk mail for "englargement?"

Could the two be related? Could an American culture obssessed with size and sending out massive amounts of email spam with remedies have anything to do with the high rate of circumcision? 'twas my first thought...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by jaytee; Jun 3rd 2003 at 2:24 pm.
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

I thought you were some weirdo outraged at the mention of penises!

Sorry, I've completely lost my sense of humour since I've been living here!

Now I come to think of it, I'm sure you're right.

Last edited by chch; Jun 3rd 2003 at 2:30 pm.
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

I thought you were some weirdo outraged at the mention of penises!

Sorry, I've completely lost my sense of humour since I've been living here!

Now I come to think of it, I'm sure you're right.

I feel that American society is very puritanical which explains a lot of what you see and they are a serious bunch most of the time.

Last edited by jaytee; Jun 3rd 2003 at 2:57 pm.
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

Very true.
They certainly do seem to think that human bodies, and genitals in particular, are inherently filthy and disgusting, hence the whole circumcision thing, and all the "feminine hygiene products","vaginal deodorants" and douches in the shops (and consequent ads in womens' magazines for a multitude of products to alleviate "feminine itching").. No doubt if there were more foreskins about the drugstores would be full of similar products for men.
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

lol.. the culture too transparent for you? ah well, you'll have to get used to it. ultra-pure, ultra-clean, ultra-neat and there is a cure for everything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.