Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Finally filed AOS in Miami!!!!!

Finally filed AOS in Miami!!!!!

Old Apr 14th 2003, 5:20 pm

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Finally filed AOS in Miami!!!!!

At long bloody last!!! I attempted to file last week, but the dozey mare behind the desk told me I needed a G325a for Corey, and his birth cert, and refused to file my forms.

I did my usual thing and arrived at Miami BCIS at around 11pm last night, ready for my overnight camp-out, I was first in line so I settled in for the night. Thankfully, it was warm out. I managed about 2 and a half hours sleep, but I didn't feel too bad when I woke up. There were 3 lines. The entrance is around the back of the building, and the line to the left is for general inquiries, etc, and the one to the right is for application filing, and I have no idea what the one in the middle was, but all the people had special passes and they were let in first.

I got to the booth around 7.15, handed over all my papers, and the woman looked them over. I studied her face to see her reaction when she saw Corey's cert and G325a, and she looked puzzled, but didn't say anything about them, so fellow AOS filers......beware! Take those things anyway, so you're not turned away like I was before. She re-organized the papers, and then asked me where my I-130 was. HAH!!!! Why am I not surprised???????!!!! I chuckled to myself, and calmly told her that the I-130 wasn't necessary for the visa I came here on. (K1) She went away, then came back and told me I was right. (Smug!!!! ) She put a little stamp on my AOS and EAD forms, and told me to wait to be called to the cashier. Incidentally, I read on here that a couple of people had gotten letters from their employer saying that they need work authorization in order for them to keep their job, and it helped them get a quicker interview date. I did the same, but nuh-uh. The woman said that it doesn't make the slightest bit of difference, as it takes the full 90 days to process the I-765. Odd, then, that I walked away with an appointment date for 2 months from now......... Oh, well, there must be some method to their madness, not that I'm complaining this time!!!!!

Anyway, after waiting another 20 mins for the cashier, I paid my fees, and she gave me receipts for all 3 fees, AOS ($255), EAD ($120), and the fingerprinting ($50). I also had appointment dates/times for my EAD and fingerprinting. Pretty cool.......I wasn't looking forward to waiting on those appointment letters through the mail. Off I toddled feeling quite proud that I'd finally accomplished the next stage. Sorry there's not a great deal of humour or info on this post, but I'm soooooooo tired and not quite with it!!! I will, of course be posting my experience on Kamya as soon as I get a chance. All in all, it wasn't a thrilling experience, but it wasn't the worst, either.
Toodle pip!
Kate. xxxxxx

P.S: Robclews.....I think that my run of bad luck has eased up for now. They put my new married name right in the system, so I'm hoping I'll now be able to change my SS card with no trouble! Yay!!!

Last edited by katesuiter1; Apr 14th 2003 at 5:24 pm.
Old Apr 14th 2003, 5:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

robclews is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Finally filed AOS in Miami!!!!!

[i]

P.S: Robclews.....I think that my run of bad luck has eased up for now. They put my new married name right in the system, so I'm hoping I'll now be able to change my SS card with no trouble! Yay!!!

Well about bloody time..........I hope the corrective surgery for your arse numbness is a success. Well done, is that the last of the queues for now ?

Regards,

Rob
Old Apr 14th 2003, 5:41 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

At last you got the papers filed! I guess when we do this too, we'll have to go fully armed (and armored). I'm glad you got past all the monkey wrenches they kept throwing at ya!

Juliet
Old Apr 18th 2003, 12:39 pm
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Finally filed AOS in Miami!!!!!

Originally posted by katesuiter1
I studied her face to see her reaction when she saw Corey's cert and G325a, and she looked puzzled, but didn't say anything about them, so fellow AOS filers......beware! Take those things anyway, so you're not turned away like I was before. She re-organized the papers, and then asked me where my I-130 was. HAH!!!! Why am I not surprised???????!!!! I chuckled to myself, and calmly told her that the I-130 wasn't necessary for the visa I came here on. (K1) She went away, then came back and told me I was right. (Smug!!!! )
Well done Kate I just caught up on your second (successful!) attempt at filing AOS... I'm sure your information is going to be useful for other unwary Miami AOS filers... Geeze!!