Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

O/T Andrew and the Dead Horse

O/T Andrew and the Dead Horse

Old Mar 13th 2002, 6:52 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default O/T Andrew and the Dead Horse

Andrew

Your response to me in Ntepy's thread is quite within keeping with your style.

As for your language, that is you as well. As for the accusations, I wrote in this thread twice ... once at the beginning and once at the end regarding your pontificating on your rightness and others' wrongness.

I don't know why you feel that I might possibly wish to communicate with you privately. The thought has never occurred to me and now that you have brought it up, I have dismissed it out of hand. I have no such interest.

Rita
Old Mar 13th 2002, 11:05 pm
Grinch

Default Re: O/T Andrew and the Dead Horse

"Rete" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> As for your language, that is you as well. As for the accusations, I wrote in this
    > thread twice ... once at the beginning and once at the end regarding your
    > pontificating on your rightness and others' wrongness.

This sucks....for some reason I can not see any of Dehalfwitia's pontificating. Maybe
my ISP censors these sorta posts....any one that replys to his post should quote all
of it so I can see.

Grinch

Old Mar 14th 2002, 2:35 am
Paulgani

It's your fault, you know. You agreeing with his initial post gave him the confidence
to spout off in a maniacal tirade.

Paulgani

"Grinch" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > This sucks....for some reason I can not see any of Dehalfwitia's pontificating.
    > Maybe my ISP censors these sorta posts....any one that
replys
    > to his post should quote all of it so I can see.
    >
    > Grinch

Old Mar 14th 2002, 3:05 am
Andrew Defaria

Rete wrote:

> As for the accusations, I wrote in this thread twice ... once at the beginning and
    > once at the end regarding your pontificating on your rightness and others'
    > wrongness.

Please respond with some substance! Vague accusations really mean nothing. All I was
saying was that her behavior was abnormal. Are you arguing that her behavior was
normal? Let's start with one issue at a time OK?

> I don't know why you feel that I might possibly wish to communicate with you
    > privately. The thought has never occurred to me and now that you have brought it
    > up, I have dismissed it out of hand. I have no such interest.

Look, as I said before, if you have a problem with me then speak directly to me.
Don't insult me on a public form with vague accusations. It's not a matter or
interest - it's a matter of politeness and respect.

I was not saying that Ntepy was wrong and needed to do it my way except to say that
her reaction to her problems was abnormal and that she needed to seek professional
help and that her explanation of her situation showed her to be still in denial of
her problems. Now which portion of that do you disagree with? Which portion do you
think I'm being a pompous ass about? Do you think that she just fine, normal and does
not need help? Do you think that she's not showing any further signs of denial?

Old Mar 14th 2002, 3:05 am
Andrew Defaria

paulgani wrote:

> It's your fault, you know. You agreeing with his initial post gave him the
    > confidence to spout off in a maniacal tirade.

But, of course, Grinch is not wrong - only I am!

Old Mar 14th 2002, 5:05 am
Mrs Blackross

grinch...I noticed when replying to andrew's posts that he posts using html...maybe
your newsreader can't read those?

"Grinch" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >
    > "Rete" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    > > As for your language, that is you as well. As for the accusations, I wrote in
    > > this thread twice ... once at the beginning and once at the end regarding your
    > > pontificating on your rightness and others' wrongness.
    >
    > This sucks....for some reason I can not see any of Dehalfwitia's pontificating.
    > Maybe my ISP censors these sorta posts....any one that
replys
    > to his post should quote all of it so I can see.
    >
    > Grinch

Old Mar 14th 2002, 10:18 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

You know Andrew you might learn to read a thread. The person you are pissed at is Ranjini not me ... so sit on it honey
Old Mar 14th 2002, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

ralph is an unknown quantity at this point

Call him Dumbwitia or call him Honey, somehow he finds gratification in all the attention he elicits.

His postings doesnt have to make sense to anyone (except probably Michael Voight), but with ten people responding to his single post ...... he kinda enjoys it ......even if it means calling him a blithering idiot.

these guys just wont fade away that easily.

ralph
Old Mar 14th 2002, 2:05 pm
Betastar

On 14 Mar 2002 05:32:42 -0600, Rete <[email protected]> spake:

>You know Andrew you might learn to read a thread. The person you are pissed at is
    >Ranjini not me ... so sit on it honey

Why should he read a thread when he doesn't read the posts themselves so well?

I mean, it appears to me he's still arguing that ntepy nees professional help for her
problems, while having overlooked the fact that she's getting it. So what's he
arguing for?

Old Mar 14th 2002, 2:35 pm
Andrew Defaria

Rete wrote:

> You know Andrew you might learn to read a thread. The person you are pissed at is
    > Ranjini not me ... so sit on it honey

You know I think I know, better than you, who I'm pissed at. And it's you too -
honey!

Old Mar 14th 2002, 3:05 pm
Andrew Defaria

Betastar wrote:

> On 14 Mar 2002 05:32:42 -0600, Rete <[email protected]> spake:
    >
    >> You know Andrew you might learn to read a thread. The person you are pissed at is
    >> Ranjini not me ... so sit on it honey
    >
    > Why should he read a thread when he doesn't read the posts themselves so well?

You should talk!

> I mean, it appears to me he's still arguing that ntepy nees professional help for
    > her problems, while having overlooked the fact that she's getting it. So what's he
    > arguing for?

I was attempting to get some sort of agreement but trying to do so with you people is
like pulling teeth! I'm arguing the fact that even though what I'm saying and what
others are saying is essentially the same thing, that ntepy needs to get some
professional help, somehow I'm the bad guy for saying it! It's this sort of twisted
logic that you guys are spewing forth.

Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii

<html> <head> </head> <body> Betastar wrote:<br> <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:[email protected]"> On 14 Mar 2002 05:32:42 -0600,
Rete <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:[email protected]">&lt;[email protected]&gt;</a> spake:
<blockquote type="cite">You know Andrew you might learn to read a thread. The person
you are pissed at is Ranjini not me ... so sit on it honey<br> </blockquote>
<!TEST->Why should he read a thread when he doesn't read the posts themselves so
well?</blockquote> You should talk!<br> <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:[email protected]"> I mean, it appears to me he's
still arguing that ntepy nees professional help for her problems, while having
overlooked the fact that she's getting
it. So what's he arguing for?</blockquote> I was attempting to get some sort of
agreement but trying to do so with you people is like pulling teeth! I'm arguing
the fact that even though what I'm saying and what others are saying is
essentially the same thing, that ntepy needs to get some professional help,
somehow I'm the bad guy for saying it! It's this sort of twisted logic that you
guys are spewing forth. <br> </body> </html

Old Mar 14th 2002, 3:05 pm
Ranjini

Andrew said: Quote " .....that ntepy needs to get some professional help, somehow I'm
the bad guy for saying it! It's this sort of twisted logic that you guys are spewing
forth". Unquote

For god's sake Andrew, get real !! The point that we are all making is that she IS
getting professional help!! She isn't in denial of her problems. She DOES have a
problem with an eating disorder and she is getting professional help for it? What
more can this poor woman do????? What's it with you???? Ranjini

"Andrew DeFaria" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]... Betastar wrote:

On 14 Mar 2002 05:32:42 -0600, Rete <[email protected]> spake: You know Andrew
you might learn to read a thread. The person you are pissed at is Ranjini not me ...
so sit on it honey

Why should he read a thread when he doesn't read the posts themselves so well? You
should talk!

I mean, it appears to me he's still arguing that ntepy nees professional help for her
problems, while having overlooked the fact that she's getting
it. So what's he arguing for? I was attempting to get some sort of agreement but
trying to do so with you people is like pulling teeth! I'm arguing the fact that
even though what I'm saying and what others are saying is essentially the same
thing, that ntepy needs to get some professional help, somehow I'm the bad guy
for saying it! It's this sort of twisted logic that you guys are spewing forth.

Old Mar 14th 2002, 3:28 pm
Concierge

There isn't a bad guy in any of this Ranjini and that is what is so terrible about the whole thing.

This person does not have the ideal life situation at the moment. She did not marry well financially, geographically, emotionally or psychologically. Being thrust into a life she and her children were unprepared for as it differed from what she was told to expect, caused an emotional overload which manifested itself into a eating disorder. This in, and of itself, is not a suicide attempt as suggested nor is it a cry for help. It is one person's emotional and physical reaction to a situation that is causing enormous amounts of stress.

It is normal for one to lose weight at the height of depression. It is not seen medically as a cry for help or an attempt at suicide. The mind at this point is so overwhelmed with coping or trying to cope with the situation that causes emotional pain has shut down the portion of the brain that triggers one's need for nourishment.

All in all, it is her life. Suggestions can be made as to what she might and might not try. But it is her final decision to either accept or decline any suggestions made on the NG.

To get bent out of shape because she refuses to accept someone's analysis of their emotional state, is like a child throwing a tantrum in the middle of the department store because mommy doesn't agree that spending an hour in the toy department is a good idea.

Rita

Last edited by Rete; Mar 14th 2002 at 3:30 pm.
Old Mar 14th 2002, 3:35 pm
Andrew Defaria

Ranjini wrote:

> Andrew said: Quote " .....that ntepy needs to get some professional help, somehow
    > I'm the bad guy for saying it! It's this sort of twisted logic that you guys are
    > spewing forth". Unquote
    >
    > For god's sake Andrew, get real !! The point that we are all making is that she IS
    > getting professional help!! She isn't in denial of her problems. She DOES have a
    > problem with an eating disorder and she is getting professional help for it? What
    > more can this poor woman do????? What's it with you????

She has started getting help but she's also saying that she's almost all better now.
Wham! Amazing recovery - not. She's in denial of the fact that she has a long way to
go. She's in denial that her husband has suddenly cured his alcoholism problem in one
sweep of "Honey I won't drink anymore" and that she has suddenly cured her eating
disorder "Look honey, I'm eating!". She's in denial that the sitituation she has
gotten herself into has and most likely still is hurting her kids. With all that
denial about it's hard to trust what she is saying as actually being truthful.

So Ranjini, for god sake, get real too!

Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii

<html> <head> </head> <body> Ranjini wrote:<br> <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:[email protected]. att.net"> Andrew said: Quote<br> "
.....that ntepy needs to get some professional help, somehow I'm the bad guy for
saying it! It's this sort of twisted logic that you guys are spewing forth".
Unquote<br> <br> For god's sake Andrew, get real !! The point that we are all making
is that she IS getting professional help!! She isn't in denial of her problems. She
DOES have a problem with an eating disorder and she is getting professional help for
it? What more can this poor woman do????? What's it with you????</blockquote> She has
<b>started</b> getting help but she's also saying that she's almost all better now.
Wham! Amazing recovery - not. She's in denial of the fact that she has a long way to
go. She's in denial that her husband has suddenly cured his alcoholism problem in one
sweep of "Honey I won't drink anymore" and that she has suddenly cured her eating
disorder "Look honey, I'm eating!".&nbsp; She's in denial that the sitituation she
has gotten herself into has and most likely still is hurting her kids. With all that
denial about it's hard to trust what she is saying as actually being truthful.<br>
<br> So Ranjini, for god sake, get real too!<br> </body> </html

Old Mar 14th 2002, 4:05 pm
Grinch

paulgani <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > It's your fault, you know. You agreeing with his initial post gave him
the
    > confidence to spout off in a maniacal tirade.

I apologise. Although anything seems to set him off. Nice to see all my old friends
still around

Grinch

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.