Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Need to renew my British passport

Need to renew my British passport

Old Mar 9th 2014, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

bigjohnny7 is just really nicebigjohnny7 is just really nicebigjohnny7 is just really nicebigjohnny7 is just really nicebigjohnny7 is just really nicebigjohnny7 is just really nicebigjohnny7 is just really nicebigjohnny7 is just really nice
Default Need to renew my British passport

Looking for some help.

I've been living in Auckland now for 6 years on a permanent resident visa (been meaning to apply for citizenship, and that's on my list for later in the year).

My British passport expires in June of this year, so I need to renew it - and I'm guessing, my permanent resident visa will need to go into my new passport.

Does anybody know the process about how to do this from this neck of the woods?

Old Mar 9th 2014, 10:44 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need to renew my British passport

you can go to the local post shop pick up the forms and then take them back completed with photo's and they send them off and you get them back in the post, takes about 10 days
Old Mar 9th 2014, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

bigjohnny7 is just really nicebigjohnny7 is just really nicebigjohnny7 is just really nicebigjohnny7 is just really nicebigjohnny7 is just really nicebigjohnny7 is just really nicebigjohnny7 is just really nicebigjohnny7 is just really nice

The post shop has forms to renew a British passport? Crazy! I would have thought they'd have the forms for NZ passports, but not any other country.

Thanks.
Old Mar 9th 2014, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

JerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to allJerseyMatt is a name known to all

This link should help, they no longer do renewals in NZ.

http://www.nzpost.co.nz/realme-id-apply/uk-passports

Here's the gov.uk link

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports/y

Last edited by JerseyMatt; Mar 9th 2014 at 11:03 pm.
Old Mar 9th 2014, 11:20 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Once you have your new UK passport, you will have to transfer your valid NZ visa into your new UK passport.

Forms and fees.

Read HERE

If you became an NZ citizen, and then wished to renew your overseas passport , one would apply for an NZ endorsement .

Read HERE
Old Mar 9th 2014, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks all.