Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Does my wife need to apply for a Visa??

Does my wife need to apply for a Visa??

Old Jan 22nd 2014, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

daniel.thomas10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Does my wife need to apply for a Visa??

Hello all........again

well my saga of getting a family holiday to the states continues. FINALLY after a lot of calling chasing my wifes ACPO arrived this morning, Now to cut a very long story short.

many years ago my wife got issued a visa after a drink driving offence.

due to personal reason could not go America that year.

Wife's passport expired and was thrown out with visa in back

wife committed assault and was asked to attend a police station

Mix up with council 4 years later, police visit wife she stays in cells over night attends court next day, case thrown out and wife pushed for un lawful arrest.

for more detail i have both threads below.

ANY WAY her ACPO does not show any of the above except the drink driving offence thats almost 11 years old and now I hear drink driving no longer requires a visa.
should I book her in to for a appointment to be safe or is she fine to travel??
cheers all

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...aniel.thomas10

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...aniel.thomas10
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 11:46 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does my wife need to apply for a Visa??

Drink driving alone never required a visa. Unless her old visa has a waiver annotation on it (212d3A) then she didn't need the last visa. Perhaps she should try ESTA and then go from there.
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 11:48 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

You do not need a visa for drink drive reasons, never had.

I take it she has not completed ESTA, that would be the first step.
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

Casual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond repute

She should also apply for mastercard in case visa say no

ESTA is the correct first port of call.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Boiler
You do not need a visa for drink drive reasons, never had.

I take it she has not completed ESTA, that would be the first step.
Not yet, But it's going to ask has she ever been arrested for any thing other than a driving offence. Looking at her acpo I'm not sure if she should click yes or no now
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 12:39 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daniel.thomas10
But it's going to ask has she ever been arrested for any thing other than a driving offence.
No, it isn't. It's going to ask is she's been arrested or convicted of an offense involving CIMT. You can't just read half the question and ignore the really important part of it!

Looking at her acpo I'm not sure if she should click yes or no now
Drink driving is not a CIMT. She can apply for ESTA and click "no" to that question.

Ian
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 2:51 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Always a good idea to read the questions.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
No, it isn't. It's going to ask is she's been arrested or convicted of an offense involving CIMT. You can't just read half the question and ignore the really important part of it!

Drink driving is not a CIMT. She can apply for ESTA and click "no" to that question.

Ian
But she has been arrested for a Cimt, well at least I thought she had. She was asked to attend the police station and let home that night and arrested for the mix up with the council. But none of them are showing up on the acpo. Her solicitors did say they would make she the council mistake would not remain on record. So I guess that explains that
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 3:25 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

But she has been arrested for a Cimt, well at least I thought she had. She was asked to attend the police station and let home that night and arrested for the mix up with the council. But none of them are showing up on the acpo. Her solicitors did say they would make she the council mistake would not remain on record. So I guess that explains that
What were the precise circumstances of the "mix up with the council"? Are you sure it was CIMT?
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 3:33 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

But she has been arrested for a Cimt, well at least I thought she had.
Can you explain in more detail what exactly she was arrested for that you believe is a CIMT?

Rene
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
What were the precise circumstances of the "mix up with the council"? Are you sure it was CIMT?
Our son started nursery and we forget to inform the council. Not sure why this was a problem. If we had we would have been paid a few extra quid.
Well turns out it was a problem and she was issued a letter to attend court. But it did say she did not need to attend and it would take place with out her.
Any way 2 days later... Police turn up with her photo on a bit of paper and put her in a cell for the night
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Can you explain in more detail what exactly she was arrested for that you believe is a CIMT?

Rene
As for the assault. We got in a fight and she hit me with a object. Made a small cut and the police asked her to attend the police station. No charges where pressed, and she was home after 30 minutes
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 3:40 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Our son started nursery and we forget to inform the council. Not sure why this was a problem. If we had we would have been paid a few extra quid.
Well turns out it was a problem and she was issued a letter to attend court. But it did say she did not need to attend and it would take place with out her.
Any way 2 days later... Police turn up with her photo on a bit of paper and put her in a cell for the night
That doesn't sound like CIMT to me (my layman's opinion).

Rene
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 3:41 pm

As for the assault. We got in a fight and she hit me with a object. Made a small cut and the police asked her to attend the police station. No charges where pressed, and she was home after 30 minutes
Doubtful that this would be a CIMT, either (my layman's opinion).

Rene
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

Should I tick no to cimt on the ESTA???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.